1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Bongs - Wine as bong water?

Discussion in 'Cannabis paraphernalia' started by St0ned, Nov 14, 2009.

1. St0ned

St0ned Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    A sugar glider once told me that you could put wine in, instead of bong water, and the hit would take a reddish sort of color. SWIM has some wine, so SWIM will try it next time he gets some. Has anyone had any experience with using stuff other than water in a bong? SWIM would like to know about the experiences. the taste, smell, anything that would persuade another to try it. Thank you! SWIM will report back about the wine soon.

2. Sparrowbeans

Sparrowbeans Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from Canada
    Seeing as THC can be alcohol soluble, SWIM would imagine SWIY risks making waste of some of his product if he bothers using alcoholized wine.

Though SWIM knows very little about how easily this would happen with the bubbles of smoke/air traveling through the liquid, if that amount of contact with wine would really do much at all or not...

But just in case....would suggest using de-alcoholized wine for such an experiment haha

Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  3. St0ned

St0ned Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Thank you man, Yes. SWIM knows about the THC - alcohol solubility. Would be a good idea, but SWIM doesn't know when he can get such a thing. maybe SWIM will just do a few hits with the wine.

4. Sparrowbeans

Reputation Points:
    Female from Canada
    De-alcoholized or low alcohol content wine is usually easily found in any grocery store :)

5. Sparrowbeans

Reputation Points:
    Female from Canada
    I would imagine as long as it is red wine (assuming that is what SWIY was talking about before for the coloured hit lol) that is de-alcoholized, it should have all the same stuff in it that gives the colour...

Does he wonder at all if that might be bad on the lungs tho? Like having whatever coming out of the wine goin into his lungs along with the marijuana smoke?

Just wondering, SWIM doesn't really know if it's a big deal or not....but might be a thing to look into

6. St0ned

St0ned Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Not a clue. SWIM just talked to someone else about it, and they said it wouldn't work.. only would be wine flavored marijuana. :p Which isn't exactly bad, either!

7. PROZACphil

PROZACphil Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    My lionfish has never part taken in this experiment with wine, but often has done this with vodka, (he drinks like a fish). With a freshly cleaned/new bong, he often enjoys to use this method. His friends all made a bong with the "BONG VODKA" brand, and kept the bowl of the vodka filled. They than smoked, filtered out the vodka, and drank it, super high! Enjoy!

PROZACphil added 0 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

Oh and to add, now because of your suggestion, my lionfish is going to try this with wine, and than after smoke a wine Black and Mild :)

Keep it classy.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  8. PROZACphil

PROZACphil Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    My lionfish is back to report for St0ned, what an experience...

9. WTF O_o

WTF O_o Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.K.
    SWIM would just like to add that that it takes around 3 weeks for THC to be fully absorbed into alcohol from >150 proof clear spirits at room temperature

Few seconds bubbling through wine would have such a small effect it's not worth worrying about

SWIM wants to try this very much. Very good idea

10. Sky Walker

Sky Walker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    Billy Smarts leans over and whispers in my ear, "Glenfiddich, my man, Glenfiddich." I gather he's going to get a little 50cl bottle of Glenfiddich Whisky and add it to his new small bong, 'Bong Sham'. I can tell that Billy intends to smoke some cannabis through 'Bong Sham' and at the end of the week he will pour the Whisky onto a pyrex dish and evaporate with the aid of a fan. It's clear that Billy expects to harvest some cannabis oil, though I am doubtful if he will get a substantial amount. He'll will report back.

11. jellycrab

jellycrab Newbie

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o Male
    Swim and Swim's friends experimented with all sorts of varies beverages as a substitute for bong water. swims favorite has to be Jones soda, especially green apple and fufu berry. especially when the soda is cold. You can really taste the flavor but it dosent change the color of the smoke. I have also tried using vodka as bong water.:thumbsup:

12. TheKiller08

TheKiller08 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    SWIM put spiced rum in his bong before, and took many rips from it. He then gulped down that rum after the session was done. He was completely fucked up and felt the alcohol soaked up the THC from the smoke, and he felt a little drunk and def. higher.

TheKiller08 added 0 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

SWIM also forgot to note he didn't feel higher until about 15 mins after swigging it down.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  13. anonuser30500

anonuser30500 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    47 y/o Male from U.K.
    It is a waste of good wine using it in a bong.

To get enough THC dissolved in the wine to get you high would mean maybe handing the bong to 500 people to all take a hit. Even then it would taste absolutely foul and likely make you sick just swallowing it. After all you will not just be getting THC mixed into the wine - there will be all manner of nasties also, as in nasty to taste rather than poisonous.

14. bayjing7389

bayjing7389 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o Male
    Someone I know asked me to relay this message,

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2010
  15. corvardus

corvardus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o Male from U.K.
    Since wine is mostly water in any case the inflammatory effect of alcohol on the squamous epithelia of the lungs would be mitigated. Everything else is, likewise, water soluble meaning that if anything else does enter the lungs it would simply be absorbed into the bloodstream.

Rule of thumb is: If it isn't a suspension (like coffee) and it is just a solution in either water or alcohol it would simply get absorbed into the bloodstream like Oxygen.

Solid particulate matter like the smoke, itself, would have a greater effect on lung function and SWIY is more than happy to breathe that in. The wine itself isn't an issue.

SWIM believes that people have tried stuff like neat whiskey as bong fluids with no ill effects and these are more concentrated alcohol solutions although SWIM would say that it is a waste of good whiskey.

16. subversive

subversive Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    SWIM and her friends used to use flavored liquors such as raspberry vodka as bong "water". SWIM never knew that THC could be lost that way. SWIM got stoned just fine and the hits would taste like whatever flavoring was used.

subversive added 1 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

By the way, SWIM NEVER drank the leftover "water". Ew. It was simply used to flavor the smoke a little.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  17. graffiti_

graffiti_ Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o Male from Canada
    Swim's friends have tried this, and they say that if you use any sorta booze as bong water, it will absorb most of the THC after and you can get higher. Hard to beleive? Also sounds nasty..

graffiti_ added 0 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Get higher by drinking the bong water booze after **

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  18. Synaps

Synaps Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from norway
    Apply red color to water. Problem solved.

19. GunBear

GunBear Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    If someone were to give this a shot, they could try it with a dark red grape juice rather than wine, that would essentially remove the problem of alcohol absorbing any THC, and would likely produce the same taste/color as the wine.

Just a thought :crazy