wisdom teef...nitrous and vicodin

Discussion in 'Hydrocodone' started by polloloco001, Jun 24, 2005.

1. polloloco001

polloloco001 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    im getting my whizdumb teeth removed in like a week or two and
    apparently i have a really severe case of them that should have been
    treated long ago. my doctor is this nice old hippie and i get nitrous
    for the surgery and as much vicodin as i want for the pain. my plan is
    to not use any vicodin for the pain and just kill it all with advil and
    hoard the vicodin for recreational purposes afterwards. i have done
    vicodin probably like 5 times before but i have never got my hands on
    more than 2 at once. im not sure what sort of vicodin im getting, i did
    a little research on erowid but it was sort of unconclusive. my
    question is: what is a high dose but still wont risk killing you?

2. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Take the meds man, you'll need em. You will probably get a bottle of 90 anyways, so you would have plenty left.Edited by: sands of time

3. sterling77

sterling77 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
    I am not an expert on this, but I'd say a high dose without killing you would be around 25-30mg hydrocodone? Feel free to dispute

Also you should definetly try a lower dose first, some people are more sensitive (like SWIM). 20mg is an ideal dosage for SWIM, but has done up to 35 and thought the nausea wasn't worth it.

4. moldie

moldie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    A bottle of 90? Iwas givenpercocets when I had my wisdom teeth removed but I only got 20. I couldn't imagine a dentist giving more than40 vicodins. Dentists aren't stupid and it's always the 16-22 year old age group getting their wisdom teeth removed - they most often underdo itwith the painkillers.

A high dose being around 25-30mg? When I had my wisdom teeth removed I had never done opiates before and I ate 40mg oxycodone afterwardswithout any ill effect. That's something along the lines of 50mg hydrocodne at least. Fuck killing the pain with advil too, you can use the pills recreationally even while you're in pain. I tend to prefer my opiates in solitude anyway. I have yet to find a way to have a bad time while jammed (except maybe hanging out with obnoxious cokeheads).

5. polloloco001

polloloco001 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
  6. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  7. sands of time

Reputation Points:
    You can take 4 or 5 of those at once without a problem. Just don't do it to much, acetaminophen is hard on the liver. Avoid alcohol as well, since both alcohol and acetaminophen utalize the same liver enzyme. I think I read that your not supposed to take more than 4000 milligrams of acetaminophen in one day, but many people do it without having problems. Again, moderation. A regular vicodin habbit can be very addicting and very bad for the liver. I have heard of people taking 5 vikes a day for 6 months, and developing serious liver problems.

8. KillerKind

KillerKind Silver Member

Reputation Points:

I may be wrong, but these people must have a pre-existing condition (alcohol perhaps), to develop
    "serious" liver problems after only six months? I have heard of people
    taking this amount for over three years and still have no liver
    problems.

9. sands of time

Reputation Points:
    I have heard of cases where people take vikes in that frequency and develope serious problems. Many do drink and are unaware of the synergenic damage caused. Some do not. You take your chances though when you use the vikes heavily. At the same token though, I know smokers who smoked till they're 70s and 80s without serious health problems. Again, you take your chances.

For medicinal reasons, people taking large amounts of vicodin should switch over to a stronger opiate medication, which can be taken in smaller doses. Though the risk of addiction may increase, you wont put your body in as much risk. The doctor in which I talk to most agrees with me on the negitive effects of acetaminophin on the liver. When I get my wisdom teeth pulled, I am going to request a generic painkiller that does not contain acetaminophin. If the pain gets bad, I can always take the tylenol seperate, but I won't need it all the time.

While acetaminophen can damage the liver, it's not all that bad. It is very effective against many forms of pain, and it definately improves the painkilling effects of opiate medication. I rarely get headaches, but when I do, I take tylenol because it's the most effective for me. Most people can take up to 2000-4000 mgs a day without problems, but I would recommend getting your liver enzymes checked if you take it longer than a few months at that rate. If any damge is caused, just discontinue use if a doctor makes that recommendation. The liver is a very strong organ, and it can effectively repair itself.

10. polloloco001

polloloco001 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    so i have 6 left. i was thinking of taking them all at once with weed
    and dxm to boost the high. would this be a good idea? by "good" i dont
    mean good for my body, i mean non-fatal and fun.

11. sands of time

Reputation Points:
    I would recommend taking the vikes with the weed. I don't know how the dxm will effect the high though. I would think that the dissociative effects would render the vicodin high useless, but I have no experience with this combo.

12. OiledMandible

OiledMandible Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Fuck the DXM. It has been my experience that opiates and DXM do
    not mix well. DXM is simply too speedy and controlling to enjoy
    w/vikes.

Smoke some weed and eat the vikes...youll be great.

/When I had my wisdom teeth removed, I needed those painkillers. Throbbing ache like no tomorrow.