Wisdom Teeth

Discussion in 'Opiates & Opioids' started by Herbal Remedy, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Herbal Remedy

Herbal Remedy Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hey everyone, I am getting his wisdom teeth pulled in the near future and this got him thinking. A few of swim's friends who got their wisdom teeth pulled were perscribed lortab for the pain which can last for a few days after the surgery, or swim hears. I have heard that Lortab is like extra strength vic's (hydrocodone) but hes not sure how much they usually are (anywhere from 5 - to 10mg swim assumes). Now I had also heard of people being perscribed codiene for their wisdom teeth, and I am led to believe that codiene is very weak in comparison to hydrocodone.

Is there anything I can say or do that would lead the oral surgeon to give him the strongest meds possible? Would telling him that I had a very low pain tolerance and that pains in the mouth would be difficult for him to deal with help at all? Does the fact that I am getting all 4 taken out matter? any replies would be greatly appreciated...

2. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Go back the next day and say your in agonizing pain and even taking a triple dose or more doesnt seem to help enough. Id say asking ahead of time wouldnt be the greatest idea and especailly depending on the dentist they would most likely have you try codeine first.

But hey, even codiene is quite nice.

3. Herbal Remedy

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    appreciate the advice. swims never tried codiene before, only oxycodone and hydrocodone (and propoxy but i dont know what catagory that falls under). I am not looking foward to getting his teeth pulled at all, but if he can get a lil something out of it then i guess its not all bad...

4. Richard_smoker

Richard_smoker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I wouldn't worry about it.

all the oral surgeons I've ever known have written for some brand of oxy... I think it varies from region to region, but if you're in the US, it's going to be tylox for wisdom teeth. I'd bet you 10 bucks if this wasn't illegal on the site!

but yeah, expect to get 5-10mg oxycodone every 4-6 hours for pain. if not, you will at least get 5 or (probably 7.5mg) hydro every 4-6 hours.

in either case, call back that same afternoon in agonizing pain, asking if it will hurt you to take 2 or 3 of them or just get something else because you're hurting WAY too bad! and you're freaking out all the kids in your family because they're helplessly watching you cry, etc. (i.e. they're not going to him to have their wisdom teeth removed if he doesn't do something QUICK!)

but you can forget anything about dropping your pills in the toilet or someone stealing the script, etc. they've heard all these stories and know that it's a lie. just start out within 1st 2-3 hours in screaming, crying, agonizing pain! :D

5. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    If your worried about excess pain, buy some kratom and take it with the pills. The kratom in itself can ease moderate to severe pain, and the pills will get rid of any pain that might still linger.

6. Herbal Remedy

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    what exactly is and how would one obtain kratom? is it a legal substance or is swim gonna have to jump through some hoops? any info would be greatly apprciated, peace...

7. GNCSUX

GNCSUX Newbie

Reputation Points:
    My doc perscribed 5mg ... told him i was in too much pain and he wrote me another perscription for 10mg ones ... just keep complaining about how much pain you are in ... might also try to tell him that you have had surgery before ... make up a story like sholder surgery and that you seem to have a tollerence for meds and that he might wanna start you off on a higher dose

8. thatsall

thatsall Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o
    They make you give the other pills back? What if you dont produce?

9. Richard_smoker

Richard_smoker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    NO! it's against the law to take pills back. REALLY AGAINST THE LAW!!!

if he tries to do this, just look him straight in the eyes and say, well Doctor, my brother's a narcotics agent way up in Ohio, and I know the rules are all different in every state... but, he said that last christmas party, his boss bragged up and down for tricking 4 different doctors into taking back pills. Yep, he practically put those poor ole' doctors underneath the prison in Toledo, Ohio just for trying to take back medications! Can you believe that!?

I'll ask him, but I'm pretty sure that was just an Ohio law!

But, you need to be careful, being so nice and all... I would hate to see you get in trouble over some weird, new-age law they didn't even teach you about in Dentistry school, Doctor!... (pause)

OWCH! By GOD!!! This is the WORST PAIN I'VE EVER FELT IN MY LIFE, DOCTOR. HERE TAKE THE OLD PILLS BACK AND GIVE ME SOMETHING THAT WILL WORK!!! I'M DYING OVER HERE!!!

that's usually enough. if he's still standing there, knocking his piss-drenched knees together, you could say,
    "JESUS CHRIST, ALMIGHTY!! THIS IS WORSTER THAN HAVING MY TESTICLES PULLED OUT THROUGH MY FUCKING BELLY BUTTON HOLE INSIDE-OUT!! OH DEAR JESUS, PLEASE HELP ME TO GET THROUGH THIS UNBEARABLE PAIN!!"

and just for shits and giggles, this would be a great time to ask the doctor if he would hold hands with you as you pray to God almighty that he might send down an angel to release this demon of horrific, unbearable pain that has afflicted you. That by faith in his word and by the deeds of this wonderful doctor whose hands you entrusted that Jesus might inhabit during surgery... that you know because of FAITH that there wasn't any complication from the surgery... that's it's simply a demon of pain that is trying to test your faith.

oh, by the way, Dr. I'm still going to call my brother and find out if that law applies to our state. you never can be careful enough, and Jesus wouldn't like it if you were to be taken out of your ministry here in dentistry.

10. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Look at the kratom forum in the ethno forum.

Tags: