1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Drug info - Would a 4 year old Xanax pill still be good?

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by jackiesbaby, Aug 1, 2011.

1. jackiesbaby

jackiesbaby Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Thread title says it all.

2. psyche

psyche Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o Male from finland
    Most likely. I ate 0,25mg alprazolam pills that were many years older than the date on the package, they were something like 8 years old. They worked.

3. Nanashi

Nanashi Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from earth
    As long as they werent in contact with moisture ie leaving the bottle open, then they should be fine.
    Sunlight probally has negative effects too..
    Other than that most drugs are pretty stable, especailly in pill form

4. jackiesbaby

jackiesbaby Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    It was in a drawer in my garage with no bottle, just out in the open. No sunlight ever hit it though.

5. bigloc

bigloc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    For sho its still good Iv eating 10year old diazapan and still got fucked up dont think zanax would be any differnt.

6. Nanashi

Nanashi Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from earth
    Any visible signs of deterioration? Is it excessively moist in there? If not then it should be fine

7. Stimulants

Stimulants Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    The active ingredient should still have potency, although exposure to light(especially direct sun light) can decompose many substances. The pill itself can be considered like pressed flour. If it gets wet, it will mold.

8. rockdiesel

rockdiesel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Why ask? Just eat it and find out. It's not going to turn into poison or anything. It might just be a little weak.

9. catseye

catseye Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.K.
    Because this is a harm reduction and information forum, that's why!
    Advising somebody to "just eat it" doesn't qualify as helpful or in the spirit of this forum. Rather than seeing you get a crop of negative reputation points and end up being banned, and after reading through some of your other posts here I gently suggest you re-read the forum rules before posting again...

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  10. pharmycologist

pharmycologist Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Easily will still be mostly good, according to my friend.

11. tdv123

tdv123 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from ireland
    Last week I took 3 5mg Diazepam tablets I found in my medicine cabinet that were dated from 2002, while searching for some alcohol hangover cure. They worked very well & I didnt notice any bad side effects. They were sealed & protected very well. So I don't see why Aprazolam would be any different as long as it was stored in a good place it should be fine.

12. PatrickEngle

PatrickEngle Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Should be as long as the bottle wasnt left open. The other day I found a full bottle of Tussicaps that were 3 yrs old and hell they work great I still have like 5 left gonna take em with my ritalin when I get the scrip filled and take some! What do you have to lose if they dont work?

13. Petri6

Petri6 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from finland
    Well, last summer I took some oxazepam which was marked to be used before some date in 1987. So they were 23 years old and still worked well.