Other - Would Mushrooms Affect Dreams?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by Ice_Cream_Man, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Ice_Cream_Man

Ice_Cream_Man Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If SWIM were to eat a bunch of shrooms when he was tired and fall asleep before the drug took effect, would he have vivid dreams? or would it be a waste of shroomz? Also I am a complete novice on shroomz but love to hallucinate etc and he wants to no what is the best mushroom to take for that desired effect. Also is dry shroomz more potent than wet?

2. vantranist

vantranist Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from antigua_and_barbuda
    Re: Shroomz and Dreams

I am sure you would probably get somthing out of it...

the most amazing vivid dreams ive had was just on Xanax (goes to show many types of drugs can caus vivid dreams not just psychodelisc) anyways the dreams were increadible after sleeping on 4 MG of Xanax SWIM woke up shocked. and within hours i still rememberd the dream but forgot all about the gloruis part of it.

3. dip

dip Newbie

Reputation Points:

I have fallen asleep on the sedative LSA, and has had strange dreams, but not too interesting.
    He's fallen asleep on DXM, and had the most bizarre, abstract and cartoonish dreams ever.
    Has You looked into dream herbs?

4. mouthwater

mouthwater Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

you's dreams would likely be altered, but just make sure You can recall them.

5. Lehendakari

Lehendakari Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from spain

Same here, the first time SWIM slept on xanax had very interesting oniric experiences, he got lucid while he was dreaming and thought to himself "don't do anything, just see things coming."

He doesn't remember most of it but remembers feeling very happy. This only happened the first time he was on xanax though.

As for Shrooms, he doesn't think he could ever fall asleep, maybe with a low dose. Dreams and sleep were normal after his experiences.

6. quili

quili Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I have been in a state with shrooms that she wouldn't quite call sleeping, but more like in and out of consciousness. This was a very rewarding and interesting experience. She's dozed off after the peak of the trip is over and doesn't remember having any particularly interesting or vivid dreams.

I have been told mushrooms have the same potency dry or wet.

7. radagast

radagast Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

my I had also experienced this a long long time ago after being awake working for 48 hours solid he came home and took about a hundred wild mushroom brew.
    I has since learned through the subsequent use of opiates that this was what is commonly known as the "nod" this is the grail of feeling for swim although he has never managed to recreate this mushroom "nod" shame!

8. PillMan

PillMan Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from Arkansas, U.S.A.
    I know this is an old thread but I am bringing it back due to the fact that I am looking for an answer to a very similar question, and the OP never really got the answer to the question either.

I would like to know if a low dose of shrooms, not enough to trip, would alter dreams in anyway? Or even help you dream at all? I know a high dose would keep me from falling asleep in the first place so that is why I ask about a low dose. I love dreaming so much and will do many things to try and get good vivid dreams. In fact, I always wished death could be something like sleep where you do nothing but dream.

So anyway, there are apparently shrooms everywhere around here and I had this thought of taking a low dose to get better dreams. Nobody around me knew the answer so I looked it up here. This is the best thread I could find without having to create a new one but it still doesn't quite answer it. So does anyone know if this works?

9. crystal methodist

crystal methodist Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from U.S.A.
    I agree with a high dose leading to no sleep at all. Interestly enough, I had an eighth 4 days after a trip on an eighth, little affects while awake, but after falling asleep some of the best dreaming I've had. I usually have normal dreams, basically an exstension of the everyday, but this was far more wild and vivid.

10. torachi

torachi Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Ive never tried so I can't say if it could work or not, but the idea of a low dose for dream enhancement crossed my mind as I read until I got to your post.

Honestly a sub-threshold dose may have some potential for this use.

N-acetyl-5-methoxytryptamine, or melatonin, is a natural brain chemical, documented as being a dream enhancer.

4-hydroxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine, or psilocin, is the psychoactive chemical resultant of eating shrooms.

Both of the tryptamine family. Whether or not one could assume any similar mechanism is beyond my scope. Maybe someone more informed can chime in?

Either way its worth a shot, at sub-threshold doses the worst that could really happen is maybe a sleepless night.

11. Paisley89

Paisley89 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I definitely couldn't sleep after a decent dose of mushrooms but the weeks following a trip my dreams are always much more vivid and memorable.

12. babalooj

babalooj Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    23 y/o from New York, U.S.A.
    I once tried this about six months ago, sometime in october.
    I myself am prone to anxiety, so it is not very surprising this happened,
    i chewed on a little bitty stem for a bit and then swallowed it, and it could not sleep at all, had a couple of anxiety attacks, and was very nervous all night until the sun rose.
    I can't say i don't recommend others try it though, some one who may have an easier time getting to sleep.
    Or maybe with a benzo