wtf is up with SWIM and sally?

Discussion in 'Salvia divinorum' started by antigenesis, Mar 29, 2006.

1. antigenesis

antigenesis Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have a lot of experience with the plant itself (used to grow it), just not so much tripping on it. I have tried to trip maybe 10 times (first 6 or so homegrown leaves a while ago, last 4 were 20x very recently) but has never broken through.

Swim never felt much with the leaves other than a little sweating, but with the 20x, he always gets this intensely uncomfortable feeling that could only be described as his skin crawling over itself in sheets 2" - 3" wide radiating away from his torso, usually if not always with much sweating. my first time with the 20x was in a semi-bad setting (bathroom floor in a low key[5-7 people], unused recroom 'party'). He consecutively took 2 huge hits out of a bubbler and held for ~30 seconds each. The crawling feeling was most intense this time, and seemed to be applied to objects in his vision, honestly I don't really remember what he saw (no notable hallucinations though) because he was so distracted by the uncomfortable feeling of his skin crawling or repeating over itself in layers/sheets (very hard to describe, you know how drugs can be). He was overcome by this powerful compulsion to get as close as possible to one specific side of the recroom, commanding a friend out of their seat to lay by the wall. This lasted for about 10 minutes when he gradually came down. Haven't felt anything like this excercising or anything but, could the feeling be the sensation of the intense sweating? I am so confused about his relationship with sally.

The next 3 times were in a good home setting with his girlfriend trip sitting, but with smaller amounts out of a regular weed pipe. I felt the crawling feeling each time but the discomfort was gradually decreasing each time (not sure if it was just from lowered dose though). The compulsion to get near a certain outside wall of the building (luckily this time it happened to be the wall next to his bed) returned, not as strong but again this may be because of dosage size. Another thing to note is that when his girlfriend was trip sitting, I became somewhat uncomfortable about the fact of her watching him.

There is 1 more medium to large bowl of the 20x left. Next go, I am planning on making a water pipe to use, and going all out and smoking as much as possible in a final (for this batch) attempt to break through. He plans to have his girlfriend simply wait outside his bedroom door to make sure he doesn't leave the house without inducing the 'watched' feeling.

----------------------

SIDE NOTES:
    -the crawling feeling usually comes about 15 - 25 seconds into holding the first hit, gradually becoming more powerful

-I find it very hard to speak correctly because the crawling feeling engulfs all parts of body including tongue/mouth and may drool trying to talk (not sure if he actually does drool)

-I have a posative, respectful attitude towards the drug, and simply wants to be able to experince the wonderous things he had read/heard about

-----------------------

If anybody has any advice / help / experience / any comments at all, any input is greatly appreciated. Not sure if I have a common situation or if this is a unique discomfort (he knows discomfort is common but this seems to be an extroardinarily strange discomfort).

Peace out and please respond,
    antigenesis

2. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Salvia effects can be very pronounced, while others it seems have very little if any effect, Swim herself gets the feeling as if being pulled around , with some closed eye visual present. This however is how it effects her. Different effects for different people, as everyone will react differently.

3. bewilderment

bewilderment Drug Geek Extraordinaire Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well, that sounds quite similar to swim's experiences. I have tried different methods: quid, tincture (so expensive not to work), and smoking four times. The first time swim tried the quid with the regular leaves which tasted awful and did nothing. The second time, swim tried the tincture and it left her mouth entirely raw and again did nothing. The third time, I smoked regular leaves out of a pipe and something did happen...she felt like there were other entities in her house and some were living in her stereo which was playing in the next room. She thought the music was mad at her and at any second something was going to waltz in and express this anger...this only lasted about 5 minutes maybe and there were no visuals or break-through, just intense paranoia. The fourth time, she smoked some 15x in a water pipe and felt very disoriented, but in a very unpleasant way. She felt very stupid (best way to describe) and somewhat dizzy and had to sit down until it went away. Afterwards, she felt very irritable. She tried it one more time and had basically the same thing happen.

Have you been using a torch lighter? I hear that makes a difference...I said she used a regular lighter and maybe that was the problem.

4. Angel_Ashes

Angel_Ashes Newbie

Reputation Points:
    "because he was so distracted by the uncomfortable feeling of his skin crawling or repeating over itself in layers/sheets (very hard to describe, you know how drugs can be). "

I know the exact feeling you are describing. It's weird, eh? How I describe it is it like.. rips your face and like replants it 0.00001 mms in front of the last place, but really quickly (without blood) and the 2"-3" sheets thing? I get that too.

Personally, I think that when the trip is like that KIND of trip we all see the same thing, it's just how we describe it/how much we remember that makes it different. If me and you were to thoroughly discuss salvia, and have about 3 trips together, explaining it to eachother, using as many words as we could, we would def find ourselves on the same level of knowing. I've done this with a few of my friends
    (One of them will hear a word I use, and have a memory of a feeling triggered, and say "OH YEAH That happened to me I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN" cos it's so hard to explain)

5. Angel_Ashes

Angel_Ashes Newbie

Reputation Points:
    You need to try to think of how others would describe it, when reading other people's trips, try to associate it to your own and you'll get freaked out sometimes. Like, sometimes other people feel the same thing as you, the EXACT same thing (online it's harder to describe cos if they dont recognize it you cant use more and more and more words.. and you cant use actions or directions)