1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Smoking - Wtf...stevia

Discussion in 'Ethnobotanicals' started by Lodewijkp, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Lodewijkp

Lodewijkp Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    hey

i smoked a mix made of stevia rebuadiana ,Aloysia citrodora and spearmint... i smoked it like 24 hours ago and still i have no balance and decreased sensitivity.. if i touch my skin i don't feel the same sensation like before. it doesn't feel like im really touching it .. like im totally sedated , i don't feel pain at all .. if i pinch my skin or something like that i don't feel pain.

i smoked Aloysia and spearmint before .. i think the stevia caused this or maybe the lucky/unlucky combination of the 3.

stevia is used a sweetener , im quitte amazed because of it's ability to kill pain when smoked but this is not really funny....maybe good for people with arteritis or other chronic pains but i want this to stop. i want my feeling to come back - im getting paranoide here.

do i f*ucked myself up... ?

2. Balzafire

Balzafire Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    What about your appetite? Has it affected your desire to eat at all?

3. Lodewijkp

Lodewijkp Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    yeah i wasn't hungry at all.. i didn't eat or drink much the whole day. im worrying about having brain damage , like some chemical is messing up my brain because i still don't have my feeling back ... it was 24 hours ago but i still feel the effects.

1. almost no feeling of touch, skin is numb
    2. Decreased pain
    3. Less appetite
    4. no motion sickness whatsoever .. seems this herb solved my motion sickness.
    5. mind is somewhat fogged but it still have the ability to focus ... i don't feel urges to blink my eyes or anything.
    6. heat flashes :(

i feels like im detached from this body

4. Balzafire

Reputation Points:
    That is very odd. And interesting. My guess (and hope) is that you should be back to normal by tomorrow. I would very much appreciate an update either way, though.
    I have a friend with a phd in chemistry who specializes in essential oils and he was telling me once that he had distilled some stevia essential oil just for shits and giggles and that he and his wife smelled it and afterwards, neither of them had any appetite at all for at least 24 hours. I have often thought he may have discovered a very novel use for it there...... some people would love to lose their appetites for a day at a time!
    I attributed it to how sweet it must smell, but there may be more to it.
    I'm sure he would have told me if it were dangerous though, so don't let me scare you.

5. Lodewijkp

Lodewijkp Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    i got some sense back this morning ... burned my mouth while drinking hot tea so im avoiding hot drinks. still a little bit messed up but at least i can feel my tongue ....
    im amazed at the effects , i only smoked a small amount.
    im still rethinking the whole idea of doing it again....

Lodewijkp added 3 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

by the way it would be great if you can ask your friend if stevia is dangerous in any way. - wether it be ingesting or smoking.
    tnhx

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  6. the1

the1 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Stevia is a very safe herb and has been for 1000's of years. Now what the stevia is grown with, ie pesticides and herbacides you know chemicals, might change this safety profile for the worse. Stevia ext is very safe and has been used for a very long time. I have been using it daily for the better part of 13 years. It can lower blood glucose which could trigger low blood sugar in those that are sensitive to low blood glucose.

Now burning the plant matter can change things sometimes drastically. You would have to study the contents of the smoke and ash to see what is happening in this case.

Hope this helps.

7. ElusiveMind

ElusiveMind

Reputation Points:
    Hey Balzafire,

SWIM is looking into the possible reason for this bizarre experience occurring. SWIM was wondering if the SWIMMER's friend with the stevia essential oil noticed any of the other effects the OP had been describing. If so, to what degree? Any other effects noticed other than the loss of appetite?

Pce,
    ElusiveMind

8. Balzafire

Reputation Points:
    No. The only effects he mentioned was the intense sweetness of the smell and the appetite thing. He would have mentioned any other effects, as we were primarily discussing stevia.

9. TooFastTim

TooFastTim Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I would personaly really line to hear from the OP. Super concerned about this guy not feeling signals from his skin.

10. ElusiveMind

ElusiveMind

Reputation Points:
    Thanks for the reply Balzafire. Good to know as SWIM is looking at all possible reasons why this may have occurred.

Pce,
    ElusiveMind

Tags: