Opinions - x files: drug propaganda against LSD

Discussion in 'LSD' started by polloloco001, Aug 11, 2005.

1. polloloco001

polloloco001 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    so im watching x files right, and its about these people who start to
    see messages like "kill em all" and shit in all sorts of digital
    devices and then go on rampages. and theyre investigating and it turns
    out theyve been exposed to "LSDM" which is some fictional shit thats
    supposed to be related to LSD and used to spray on plants as an
    insecticide. what a blatant attempt to make drugs and particularly LSD
    sound scary. how would a drug make you hallucinate specific messages
    and only see them in digital devices. i bet the whole episode was made
    for the specific purpose of being the DEA's bitch.

2. unico_walker

unico_walker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I thought that episode was about the government using subliminal
    messages along with the LSDM? The messages were being fed into peoples
    houses through funky cable filters or something.

3. ventrue

ventrue Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    subconscious suggestion, they were already throwed off, and i bet you money if you take a powerful hallucinagen/psychotic and you've already got it in your subconscious that you want to kill people, you might here some shit like that. if ur friends are just as crazy as you, and you tell em your hearing it, they might very well hear it too. just for the sake of devils advocate of course.

4. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Oh phooey. I've seen that episode of the X-Files and it didn't make me believe that LSD was something that made people climb up a tower and start shooting at people. But I am sure there are people who are clueless enough to conclude such. There are people out here in this world who think Homer Simpson is real. P.T. Barnum (Ringling Brothers Circus) accurately stated: "There's one born every minute." He was refering to idiots.

I will always remember a horrid half hour I spent trying to enjoy an episode of Married With Children. My dear brother - older - took it upon himself to talk all the way through the episode to explain to me that it was not a real situation I was watching. That it was a TV show. He went on and on to make certain I would understand the difference between TV and reality. I was 32 years old at the time.I went to Harvard and MIT. My older brother listens to AMTalk Radioall day.

One born every minute. I caught the rerun ofMarried With Childrenat a later date. I reiterate: Phooey!

5. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    TV is the ultimate brain-washing tool. What I tend to see a lot is that TV shows often make marijuana look really bad because they're too chicken-shit to address the problems that come with crack cocaine, meth and heroin.