1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Combinations - Xanax after coming down from meth??

Discussion in 'Drug combinations' started by heyall1234, Nov 5, 2010.

1. heyall1234

heyall1234 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    It has been roughly 14 hours since my pet unicorn snorted a pretty fat line of crystal meth, at around 2AM. He still feels wide awake and alert. He was wondering if taking a 2mg Xanax bar would help or hinder the "crashing" stage of meth later this evening. Anyone have any experience with this combination?

2. SWIMJIM

SWIMJIM Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    That would be what the good witch of the north would shoot out of her magic wand.

3. heyall1234

heyall1234 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Soooo....I'm guessing that means it helps???

4. SWIMJIM

SWIMJIM Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    I guess you're new to Drug Forum double talk.

5. heyall1234

heyall1234 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Um, is it really that hard to just give me a straight answer?? Wow, amazing.

heyall1234 added 15 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

And yes, I am new to the Drug Forum. The unicorn is also new to crystal meth and was just wondering if taking a 2mg Xanax bar would help it with the side effects of coming down from meth, that's all.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2010
  6. benzup!

benzup! Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.K.
    a straight answer can land you in hot water if you're not careful. regarding the original post (OP), yes, xanax will help the comedown from crystal meth, but care must be taken when combining uppers and downers.

7. Canadian4Life

Canadian4Life Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from Canada
    Xanax would definetly help SWIM feel ALOT better and back to normal coming off meth for sure. 2-3mg and SWIM feels alot better and back to normal alot faster. The crash for SWIM he doesn't get when SWIM takes xanax coming down. Just 2mg and a joint of weed and SWIM feels like he didnt even do the meth...to an extent.

8. Blue Ivy

Blue Ivy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    50 y/o Female from Australia
    My goldfish wouldn't even consider taking meth without having Xanax or Valium on fin. It is a good supplement for my goldfish when she is swimming too fast..!!

9. wanita

wanita Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from indonesia
    My cat prefers klonopin and GHB to xanax as the later left him groggy the next day. But everyone is different. Maybe start with 1mg of Xanax...instead of the whole bar. If you've never done Xanax, that amount should be sufficient.

10. DCskate

DCskate Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Weed is better.

11. cloud_nine

cloud_nine Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    It you want to avoid a shitty comedown and get a good nights sleep,xanex does help.but dont take too much because you dont want to end up all sketched out.if you just want to feel less tweaked out..weed or a few beers will balance ya out

12. socalpurp

socalpurp Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    I have a bit of a side question, but pertains to this thread,

Would taking valium for a comedown be acceptable? Because valium has an extremely long half life. And my pet troll would be using meth 1-2 days after taking the valium. so would valium still be in his system when he took meth again? could this be a little dangerous if done repeatedly? should my troll stick to short half life benzos instead?

13. trolleyd88

trolleyd88 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    I don't this stuff but I have it on good authority that amylnitrite (poppers) helps a lot during the initial come down along with some pot and maybe a little tobacco mixed in the bowl. Benzodiazepines (your xanax) are very good for the anxiety/insomnia/shitty unsettling feeling one can get while using stimulants such as meth. Let it be noted that my source also says the amyl marijuana combo helps the comedown with most stimulants (cocaine, MDMA) in general. If you read this and have no idea what amylnitrite is then I might suggest a quick google search. It is possible, if one were so inclined, to buy it through an online vendor.

14. methylman251

methylman251 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from Australia
    SWIM uses meth every Sunday to get through unreasonable amounts of work, the downside to this is that he need to be functional monday morning at 8am. SWIM has found that if one were to take even only 0.5-1mg it takes the edge off the comedown making it so much easier to handle. He usually doesnt take more than that dose of xanax because he doesn't want to seem out of it the following day. If sleep isn't looking likely he will usually have a couple of joints and doxylamine (OTC antihistamine).
    SWIM has done this 12 times so far and has only found that he couldnt sleep on one of those nights which was most likely related to the dose and time of day he took it.