Dose - Xanax (Alprazolam) and equivalence to Valium (Diazepam)

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by VIKETIME, Mar 2, 2005.

1. VIKETIME

VIKETIME Newbie

Reputation Points:
    im getting into valium sorta..im just wonderin how much do ya'll think 10mg is worth? and will that do anything or do i need more than that. note im experienced with xanax and prefer about 2mg if that helps. thanks, peace

-VIKE

2. mattp

mattp Newbie

Reputation Points:
    2mg of xanax is about equal to 40mg of valium.

so, try 4 10mg valiums and you'll find yourself having agood time i'd
    predict. you might notice valium has more of a muscle relaxing affect
    than xanax. it also lasts longer, but doesn't peak as hard.. if you can
    term valium's best affects as a peak.

3. VIKETIME

VIKETIME Newbie

Reputation Points:
    damn 10mg wont do anything then i'd assume. the other thing is i have the 2mg pills so i would have to take 20 lol. oh well not that it will stop me. thanks for your help mattp.

-VIKE

4. bman1

bman1 Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    always start out with one. A valium and xanaz have different effects. 4 may be to much and you may pass and/or black out. Start small work your way up. No one can tell you how much drugs you can take only you can decide that.

5. VIKETIME

VIKETIME Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i realize that, i just wanted a general idea where to start so i dont waste them. if i do what you say and start with one, then keep moving up most likely i'll be out of pills before i feel anything. they're only 2mg.Edited by: VIKETIME

6. Benzhead

Benzhead Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    2mg Valium(Diazepam) is what my veterinarian prescribed for my cat whenhe had a urinary tract infection. I'm totally serious. She prescribed it so that my tom wouldn't strain himself trying to, 'take a pee.'

If my vet dosed my 10lb.(4.5kg) cat with 2mg tabs..I think you know where I'm going with that.

(Please note: I have no idea if the dosage indications for humans and tabbys is equivalent on a per weight basis)

Enough feline humour. [​IMG]

If you have been off benzos for a period..I can't say how long, as everybody's chemistry is a bit different..You may find that 10mg gives you sedation and that, 'everything is fine' feeling that is typical of benzos.

When I first started taking benzos, 10mg Valium would put me in the above place.

Matt isspot on as far as equivalency is concerned.

I think that any noticeable enjoyable effect is going tomainly hinge on how long you were on the 2mg dose of Xanax, and how long you've been benzo free..If at all.

I've gone a month or so without my usual 4mg/day of Klonopin(Clonazepam), and after restarting my benzo therapy at the same dosage level, I only achieved the anti-anxiety(anxiolytic) effect. My tolerance seems to be pretty high..It is clear that my tolerancewould only decrease after a more prolonged absencefrom the benzo gang.

As you seem aware, cross-tolerance amongst different benzos does indeed occur.

You are going to have to experiment a bit here, but caution is always advised.

Be safe,

T

On Edit: Added note about my ignorance about feline versus human Valium dosage.Edited by: benzhead

7. bman1

bman1 Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    sorry I didnt seem 2mg I was thinking of the 10mg. taking 2-4 you should be fine and feel it good. more if drinking

8. sunshine

sunshine Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If your taking 2 mg xanax, then I would have to say atleast 4 of those puppies should make you feel like the shit, and of course alcohol always helps

9. Gahaba22

Gahaba22 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    2mg of xanax is not equal to 40mg of valium. 2mg of xanax is more equal to 10-20mg of valium. Yes, valium has more muscle relaxant properties and lasts quite a bit longer with of a quick peak.

geeb

10. melbournerpg

melbournerpg Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    QUESTION Xanax (Alprazolam) and equivalence to Valium (Diazepam)
    im getting into valium sorta..im just wonderin how much do ya'll think 10mg is worth? and will that do anything or do i need more than that. note im experienced with xanax and prefer about 2mg if that helps. thanks, peace

OPINION = (older question, update for others) its 10:1 ---------- 10mg valium works as well as 1mg xanax, and if you used to 2md xanax, you will need 20mg valium --------- 10mg valium will feel much weaker than 2mg xanax

melbournerpg added 0 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

QUESTION Xanax (Alprazolam) and equivalence to Valium (Diazepam)

OPINION = (older question, update for others) its 10:1 ---------- 10mg valium works as well as 1mg xanax, and if you used to 2md xanax, you will need 20mg valium --------- 10mg valium will feel much weaker than 2mg xanax

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014