1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

Opinions - Xanax (Alprazolam) as a study aid?

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by whorse, Dec 4, 2006.

1. whorse

whorse Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Dec 4, 2006
    My friend I am a procrastinator. He waits until the absolute last minute to do his school papers and other obligations. Over the past few months he has been illegally experimenting with various pharmeceuticals: benzos, opiates, amphetamines, sleeping pills. Naturally, knowing that he is a procrastinator, he takes some dexedrine before he has a project due. However, all that happens is he gets extremely jittery, stupid ("oopsie" stupid), and "time seems to slow down," as he told me. This is odd, because he seems to be having the opposite effects of what everyone else tells me they get. Amphetamines make him much WORSE at doing work. It's almost as if he is afraid of getting started on his work anyway, and amphetamines just escalate that anxiety where he cannot possibly start unless someone puts a gun to his head. Last time he tried this he stayed up until 5:00 AM just doing as much as possible to stay away from the work that would be due at 2:00PM the next day. When he woke up the next morning the dexedrine had worn off and he could work again, and he rushed through the paper and finished it just in time for class. What does this mean? Does he have some sort of anxiety? ADHD? He says amphetamines dont even get him "high," the things that everybody else loves about them just aren't there for him.

Whats even stranger is when he takes a therapeutic dose of Xanax (the ultimate "chill pill" for him) it calms him down and eliminates the hatred (or is it fear) that he has of doing work. So now, unlike every other college student I have ever met, he takes a benzo to get his work done. That cant be normal, can it? Do you think he could get a legitimate prescription for xanax or some other benzo?

Thanks for any advice
  2. darawk

darawk Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Oct 23, 2006