Experiences - Xanax (Alprazolam)... just xanax.

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by Lilysleeper, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Lilysleeper

Lilysleeper Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Alright, so Ive read several forums on mixing xanax with other drugs and what not, but a friend of mine really just wants to know how much xanax they should take for a good time, how they should take it and what to expect. Another guy friend of mine tried taking 6mgs of crushed up pills, basically thinks he felt drunk for awhile and then woke up several hours later in the middle of the kitchen floor not remembering what exactly happened. Swim just wants the basics. All hes got is a pretty much unlimited supply of .5mg xanax. What should they do witth it?:confused:

2. Lilysleeper

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Oops, my bad. They took 6 pills, not 6mgs. They only took about 3mgs.

3. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    What you described sounds like a typical response for a benzo-naive user taking 3mg. Other symptoms include things turning up in the mail a week later that You doesn't remember ordering.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2006
  4. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    I'll say this again to alot of people who talk about using Xanax for fun.

SWIF has NEVER found a recreational aspect to any benzodiazapine. There is no trip or fun experience with any benzodiazapine. Benzo's (like Xanax) will calm you down and sedate you. Hence their uses as anti-anxeity or Hypnotics. When used alone the best experience you likely to get is either
    A) You fall asleep quite rapidly due to sedation
    B) You Get anterior grade ammnesia forget what your doing, then fall asleep.
    C) struggle and manage not to fall asleep and just feel very very tired and a little misscoordinated and then a little later fall asleep.

Im sorry if people believe there is a "good time" as such that can be gained from Benzo's but I really dont see it and SWIF has never experienced it after use with Xanax, Lorazepam, Diazepam, Temazepam, Loperazepam and Zopiclone(not benzo but similar).

If you have any further questions feel free to ask.

5. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim and some friends of his took xanax along with low amounts of alcohol and had a fairly good time. Unfortunately for one of swim's friends, his house was pretty much wrecked.

Unless You doesn't mind crashing around his place and possibly wrecking stuff I wouldn't recommend using it this way.

6. Lilysleeper

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have no problem with destroying the house aslong as he can have a good time. :crazy
    When You says they a good time, what do they mean? Like being drunk or what?

7. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Being drunk, except more crunk than drunk if You knows what I mean.

Unfortunately, I don't know the exact dose he took. He took two pills of unknown quantity from a from experienced with the substance and then had three beers. My friends and I then galloped around the house tackling each other and singing and dancing and throwing stuff at each other and just basically stumbling around hyperactively before they crashed and had a long rambling coversation using incoherently slurred words. :p (Damn that was a long sentence!)

So, I would say that You should take one and drink a bit and see how he feels and take more as necessary. Watch the drinking though, and be sure You drinks in measurable amounts and has a cut-off limit for safety.

Also, if You is going to do it alone I dont recommend it as this is the type of thing that is best to do with a bunch of friends.

BajEdit: You can read about combinations with Xanax here ---> http://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_Pharms_-_Alprazolam_Combinations.shtml
    You should keep in mind though that all of the combinations with alcohol used quite a bit of it so they blacked out. Swim kept his consumption low and that seemed to make all the difference in this case.

8. chemicaljustice

chemicaljustice Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I don't recommend taking alprazolam recreationally as he doesn't see the added value. It's good against anxiety and as a sleeping aid. Other than that I don't see a good use for it.

9. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    BE aware of polypharmacology too, combining Benzodiazapines with alchohol can be very dangerous particularly if either is in a high dosage. Although One person can have a very active and fun experience this might be very differant for you.

Start low and find the best dosage slowly and safely.

10. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic
    Alprazolam is magnified by the use of Alcohol. Be careful with this combo. It can get out of control very quickly.

11. Octo42o

Octo42o Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I will take one bar, and it puts you right on your back

12. moniminded

moniminded Newbie

Reputation Points:
    medications

I dont take any drugs, but just UNISOM tea for my insomnia. I purchase them every month on XXXXXXXXXX the prices are reasonable. I dont take other medications..the tea itself is wonderful with all its "provoking sleep" ingredients. I advise you guys to check out the site, and it's just too good to be true. The service is excellent and even you are provided with facilities. You wont regret about it! Otherwise, before takingt the medication, i used to get depressed because i was unable to sleep and i would just watch movies allnight..but gradually i realised that I should buy some sleeping medications..and that's how i came across the site while searching the web.

*You has been advised to READ THE FUCKING RULES (J is less polite than certain mice) enough times*

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2006
  13. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    The rules of drugs-forum. Read 'em please, as SWiYou were asked several times on registration. There is no excuse. Source discussion/ links are not allowed in the main fora.

14. Karaboudjan

Karaboudjan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I find neither xanax nor valium to be recreational in anyway. All they really do is sedate you.

15. Octo42o

Octo42o Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Xanax in SWIM's opinion is great for recreational use. my on probation, does meth once and awhile since he binged on it for 7 months. Swim just popped a XANAX and its fun your care free and if you smoke a bowl then its a blast. And if you feel like ur going to go to sleep just do sum uppers and it balances it out for a great time.

16. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    there is only one way they will be of value. take 3 of those 0.5mg pills, crush them and put it in water. then put the water in the fridge and dose 3mg of DOI. 24 hours later drink the water.;)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2006
  17. mbu37

mbu37 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: Xanax... just xanax.

Although I started with xanax due to a high pressure job, swim found that they were of great receational and work value. He felt so good he felt like working hard and when he wasn't working - he just felt GOOD. Swim also found that they are great for removing a hangover the next day.

18. AntiAimer

AntiAimer Newbie

Reputation Points:

Xanies are great, makes Smurf feel on top of the world with no worrys. Also is great for his insomnia if he should use it for that reason.

But just like most drugs should never be abused and used for long periods. Nor is high doses smart putting ones self in a OD coma. Some people get so messed up and slur there speech like there drunk and walk funny thinking there normal while everyone around them tells them there beyond normal. Pretty scary.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  19. Donmeka

Donmeka Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.

QFT = Quoted For Truth

amen to that

20. mbu37

mbu37 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

That must be rather high doses and depends on the person's tolerance, I would guess. I have never heard of anyone going into a coma but, then again, I hasn't really looked into it. Withdrawing from xanax, as many know, has to be done carefully. I was told by doctor that over 3mgs. is the area where people get into trouble if they simply stop with no taper down.

As with most things, YMMV