1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions - Xanax (Alprazolam) or Somas (Carisoprodol)

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by twekvod, Jun 5, 2005.

1. twekvod

twekvod Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If you had a choice between Xanax or Soma , which is a better high and which works best to come down from a meth high?

2. greg888

greg888 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I personally haven't ever gotten much of a high off xanax. It seems to
    make me totally anxiety free for a couple hours, and then i get
    exceedingly tired and fall asleep no matter how hard i try to fight it. The
    effects are nice but it doesn't produce much euphoria and isn't really a
    high. I haven't done somas in a while but i remember liking them and
    feeling pretty good while on them. I wouldn't be too surprised if my
    experiences differ from other people's though. As too your second
    question ive never done meth but I did use xanax after a night of coke
    once and it really helped reduce the crap feeling you get from coming
    down off coke and made sleep much easier. I think xanax is the better
    option for comedowns.

3. BlueMystic

BlueMystic Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from The Netherlands
    Everyone's preferances are different. SWIM likes both alprazolam (xanax) and carisoprodol (soma). If SWIM had to chose between the two. He/she would probably chose the alprazolam. Especially since SWIM's tolerance to carisoprodol goes up faster then it does on the other.

Both would also work to come down off of a methamphetamine high. However, alprazolam would be the better choice of the two.

4. Kradle

Kradle Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Xanax (Alprazolam) or Soma

Which of the 2 is better overall for muscle relaxants?

5. BrandonAA

BrandonAA Newbie

Reputation Points:
    well soma is a muslce relaxant not a benzo, so it would work better for muscle pain. benzodiazepines (like xanax) will more or less get you high, and intensify cannabis and alcohol highs. i would say from experiance, enough xanax would rid you of muscle pains, but it would also have your ass floating. soma go w/ 700mg to start out with, and Xanax start with at least 2 mg on an empty stomach.

6. Kradle

Kradle Newbie

Reputation Points:
    so basically Soma will get the job done but xanax could do just as good
    if taken in the right does? im basically looking for what would feel
    best

7. BrandonAA

BrandonAA Newbie

Reputation Points:
    maybe try 350mg of soma to start on an empty stomach, then take 2mg xanax as soon as you feel the soma (20-30mins). then if you think you could go a little more have another 350mg soma. i like to smoke trees, that really just gets me high although some people claim it is a potent painkiller (M.S, cancer, Aids). you could probally drink up to two beers, or a glass of wine or a nice strong mixer. i would ever imagine you would get hungry and it wouldn't be too bad of an idea to eat another 1mg of Xanax, just as long as you can sleep in the next morning.

soma would do the trick without too much high, but you will feel sedation.

xanax would pretty much cause you to forget (or not care) about you muscle pain, and you will physically relaxed causing release of tension from your joints and muscles. you willget high. don't eat more than 2mg if you have to work the next day. go higher and you may need at least 8-10 hrs of sleep (you wouldn't really wake up)and could be sluggish throughout the next day.

just be careful and don't worry to heed someone elses advice, just trying to give my opinion, helping out a novice.

8. formerfiend

formerfiend

Reputation Points:
    BrandonAA has got it right. Both will alleviate you of muscle pains. I think if you really have a problem with muscle tightness/pain you should take 2 350mg somas and smoke a good amount of pot. this makes you so relaxed and you feel as light as a feather. Xanax is an excellent drug for mental problems and i dont reccommend using it regularly for a phsyical problem. This reminds me of the Tea parties English Victorian women used to have where they treated mental strife with opium and heroin, you can imagine how well that went. I suppose anything that makes you happy enough would cause you not care about minor aches in your muscles, however stick to soma, it was made specifically for the problem you have and it can be quite fun too, try smoking some pot with it. and what the hell, theres no problem mixing xanax and soma for a good time...just make sure your in a safe place with no obligations like work or school in the very near future.

Edit:The reason i dont recommend using xanax for such a physical problem isnt b/c i dont think it will work, i know it can be extremely addictive....dont form a habit of itEdited by: formerfiend

9. Blaze06

Blaze06 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I would start with either 3 Somas or 2 mg of Xanax to begin with.
    Personally, I like Soma better but that might be because I'm prescribed
    to Xanax and I can't really feel the effects of it anymore because I've
    built up a tolerance.