Opinions - Xanax (Alprazolam) script, .5mg 2X a day

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by Wyborowa, May 28, 2006.

1. Wyborowa

Wyborowa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    So this is what i'm taking for my G.A.D. I'm supposed to take .5mg 3X's a day but in all honesty, i spilled the pill bottle in the sink and only have 45 left.. so my question is...if i take Xanax twice a day once around 9AM then around 3PM, will the xanax build up its levels in my body eventually? And after how many days does the level stabilize? I know it has a short half life and i'm afraid taking it twice a day won't be enough to build up an appropiate level in my body...

I am also going to my suboxone docter in 4 days...i'm taking 1 1/2 a day for the past 3 months!! but this thursday i'll be taking only 1, 8mg suboxone a day....

thanks for your time!

GOOOOOO SABRES!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  2. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Have you been on benzos before the xanax, or have you been on the xanax for a while now? If so do you feel you need 1.5mg a day? Its hard for anyone here to tell you whats going ot work specifically for you. Does the 1mg a day effectively treat your anxiety? And im not sure but off the top of my head i think xanax has a 6 hour minimum half life which means 2x a day should work, for your waking hours. But really its up to you and how you feel.

3. Wyborowa

Wyborowa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    No, this is my first month of taking benzo;s THE WAY THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE TAKEN! So yes, i took xanax before..2mg to 8mg at a time..but that was months ago...never got hooked on it, Thank God...

and Yes, i feel rather more normal and less anxious...but i think the 3x's a day is a standard dose....

the half life is 6-12 hrs...and i'm a 19 yr old, 200lb male, so my metabolism is higher than others...but next month, i plan on taking this 3x's a day, or switching to something that has a higher half-life...

THanks for the reply ihrthalucigens :)