1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions - Xanax (Alprazolam) vs Vicodin (Hydrocodone)

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by madman3l6, Dec 23, 2004.

1. madman3l6

madman3l6 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I kno that xanax and vicodin are differnet types of pill sbut i wuld like to kno which 1 u like better.. i perfer xanax(2mg)the effects are even better when u smoke with them....vikes are ok but i like the fellin of xanax better

2. hacnslash

hacnslash Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    heh, i guess it's opposite for me, i LOVE opiates, benzos are allright i guess. i've never tried xanax but i have done diazepam several times before.

3. ToxicMind

ToxicMind

Reputation Points:
    I think it comes down to wether you prefer opiates or benzo's. Your comparing to totally different types of drugs. I personally prefer benzos though, and I prefer valium to xanax. -K

4. djryand

djryand

Reputation Points:
    They are also 2 different types of drugs: Xanax being a benzo, and Vicodin being an opioid.

With that said, I like Xanax much better. It has done some fucked up shit to my life in the past (and I haven't done it in forever), but I still love that shit. Don't really know why either. That's probably what makes it so bad for me.

5. VIKETIME

VIKETIME Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i would have to say vicodin, opiates are so relaxing. i've done xanax and it doesnt go well with me. im not sure why..but yea..vic's [​IMG]

6. TheCecil

TheCecil Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Go with Norco's those are the best for of hydrocodone avalible, 10mg hydro, 325 acetemenophin (spelling?)

thats the strongest hydro pill on the market

7. The Boss

The Boss

Reputation Points:
    Personally i prefer Vicodin over bars, both of which im prescribed because if i pop one bar.. when it kicks in pop another one down the shoot and so on. Basically, like my boy Lil Wyte says "Gimmie 20 xanax and ima start droppin them, it aint no stoppin them". So bars usually end me up in jail so for my safty i prefer then V's

8. club222

club222

Reputation Points:

"when they in my system, man I really miss 'em"

good song.

and I prefer vikes to bars.

9. Interzone

Interzone

Reputation Points:
    I'm prescribed Xanax monthly, and Morphine monthly as well. But I prefer the feeling of the opiates much better... but somethimes I do need to take a few Xanax after I take my morphine so "Level me out" and give me ultimate pain relief.

10. sunshine

sunshine

Reputation Points:
    Xanax is a different feeling for me than Vicodin all together. Xanax gets me really sleepy and I dont care about shit. Vidodin just makes my whole body feel relaxed and if taken enough is much better than xanax.

11. kfoot73

kfoot73

Reputation Points:
    I love opiates but for some reason vicodin doesnt do shit for me. I have to take so damn much of its worthless so ill say Xanax.

12. Colby

Colby

Reputation Points:
    I love both but I prefer xanax more they make me do some crazy shit and have me feeling sooo good, but vikes are great too

13. bigbil

bigbil Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Ok a friend of a friend does narco 10s and pops up to 7 at a time so how many zanie bars should he take to feel it

14. Moving Pictures

Moving Pictures Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    ^they are two complety different drugs. Hydrocodone is an opioid painkiller, alprazolam (Xanax) is a benzodiazepine anti-anxiety drug. You cannot compare doses. Apples and oranges. It doesn't matter if you take 50 lortabs at a time (don't take 50 lortabs), it would have no effect on your benzo tolerance.

Start with 1 bar. Maybe even half a bar (1 mg). Most people feel effects from 1 mg. Benzos are subtle and fuck you up bad without you noticing it. You honestly think you're sober even though everyone around you can see you're fucked up (slurring, staggering, etc.).

Don't mix with opiates or alcohol.

15. Benzocodone

Benzocodone Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Damn this thread got bumped from 2005 to 2013..
    Well, I'm bumping it back up cuz I want to put my 2 cents on the 2.

I prefer Xanax over Hydrocodone.

But this is kind of incomparable..because like stated above, one is a benzo the other an opioid.

Another thing,
    You're comparing the most popular, most recreational, and a top strength Benzo to a Very weak opioid.

I'd compare benzos to opiates like this,

Ativan vs Hydrocodone

Xanax vs Oxycodone

Klonopin vs Methadone

Those comparisons are more reasonable.