Opinions - Xanax Xr To Xanax (Alprazolam)

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by Mike177, May 18, 2005.

1. Mike177

Mike177 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have been trying to get my doc to give me a script for xanax. I figured it would be easy due to my long histoy of anxiety/depretion. well finally i got the scrip but its xanax XR. I have been looking for a reson to tell him why i want normal xanax but cant find one. this is the only thing i can think to tell him:
    [Dead link removed]
    i was thinking of telling him i fell like I am going up and down all day. dose anyone know of something better i could tell him to give me some regular xanax?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2018
  2. BrandonAA

BrandonAA Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Your docmust think you have constant anxiety throughout the day. Is that howthe two of youestablished your anxiety disorder? Maybe explain to him that although you are very nervous throughout the day, it is much more severe at differing moments.

Also let him know how much this drug is helping you, and then in a few months say that every once in a while the attacks are strong again.

One more thing if he does prescribe you instant releases, praise him (for the right reasons) saying this drug is a Godsend as so he keeps you on the script

3. Mike177

Mike177 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I met with him a few hours ago and told him how much it was helping me. i also told him that the drug only worked for about 12-14 hours and then dropped me back down quickly. He seemed very happy with the improvment and says that he thinks we have found the correct combo of drugs. so i hope i can get the imedate relase. if not i dont mind a life time perscription to the XR's (thank you insurance!)

4. basehead800

basehead800 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    just crush em up and takem i think there more bang for your buck than compared to regular bars

5. quinone

quinone Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Just be careful ... xanax addiction can be an extremely frightening experience (grand mal seizures and such). Enjoy, but read some more about it on this forum, many people seem to have the attitude that it is evil, and if you become addicted many problems can arise. (heh, not trying to be a downer ... pardon the pun, in this thread ... just thought id pass on some info ... read more in the forums and see for yourself :) ).