Drug info - Xl kratom capsules??

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by detoxin momma, Feb 23, 2014.

1. detoxin momma

detoxin momma Just A Brick In The Wall Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Mid-West USA
    so im in the gas station yesterday,one that sells all different kinds of onehitters and miscellaneous stuff.
    i see this 4 pack of "XL KRATOM" capsules...i buy them out of curiosity,,,the pack has all kinds of SSRI warnings,even compares it to paxil and prozac..
    it says to take 2 for a dose.it also says don't mix with to much caffeine or other stimulants.in the ingredients it has"red vein kratom,andMitragyna speciosa"...im trying to give as much info as possible so i can get some accurate input...

..it even says no to take more than once a week,especially if you have a history of addiction..

so my questions are,should i not mix with coffee?should i not take my tramadol if i take this?should i start trying just 1 capsule even though it says 2?are these good strands to use?how is the effect compared to tramadol?
    also,it seems expensive,these 4 capsules were 6 bucks..is that the going rate?or is it because theyre from a gas station?if i like this should i find a cheaper source?

also,what is the probability i will just end up trading tramadol addiction for kratom addiction?
    this is in the ethnobotanticals section,so im assuming theres no pain killing effect???

any advice,personal experiences would be very helpful...i have this pack staring at me,and im wondering if i should take some...i gotta have my coffee and mt.dew by the way

2. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Stay away from head shops/gas stations etc.
    There is no way of knowing what these contain but by the warnings they are making it does not sound like it is kratom. It possibly kratom that has something added.

You dont need to give money to these assholes, they are promoting kratom in ways it will get banned.

I suggest you throw them in the bin an read the guide to beying kratom at the top of the forum.
    If people refuse to buy from gas stations and head shop then they will not stock it.

3. detoxin momma

Reputation Points:
    from Mid-West USA
    thanks ian,i did read the kratom guide.and it is very informative.i didnt seak out to buy kratom.i just saw it and thought was worth a try...i kinda figured it couldnt be the best quality considering its a gas station....is this the same as like the yellow jackets and stackers?

i did end up taking one capsule an hour ago.i dont feel anything

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  4. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Yeah a lot of it is bunk.
    My fear with the warnings they put on the packet would be that it does not contain kratom.

There is not a problem mixing kratom with caffine, many people enjoy the combination.
    When they say not to combine it with SSRI's though, thats the part that starts bells ringing for me.

There should be no problem mixing kratom with SSRI medication, sure ive been doing it for a decade.
    However if it contained some sort of research chemicals or another drug that effected serotonin then i could understand them giving that warning as there could be a possible issue of serotonin syndrome.

And then of course there is the problem with them selling it for human consumption.

Probably best avoided.
    I can only imagine the amount of money people have wasted on head shop/gas station kratom over the years, especially the extracts and especially the X type extracts.

The only good thing about head shop kratom being mostly of poor quality is that for years people have been buying it, thinking it does nothing and never buying it again, which in a way has kept kratom under the radar for so long. So in a way they deserve some credit. If they sold quality products kratom would have probably been banned in a lot more places or a lot earlier. :)

5. detoxin momma

Reputation Points:
    from Mid-West USA
    yeah i will qoute it"should not be taken with MAOIs,or SSRIs or SNRIs due to the potential for serotonin syndrome)blah blah blah...it is bunk as far as i could tell.took only one capsule 3 days in a row,with my coffee lol...didnt feel a thing..wont buy it again

i may seek out the real deal tho....