XR wierdness

Discussion in 'Adderall' started by AdderallJunkie102, Apr 1, 2006.

1. AdderallJunkie102

AdderallJunkie102 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Normally when I get high on instant release tablet version of Adderall he feels euphoric but, always gets this weird woozy adrenaline rush feeling (almost feels like a downer) where his limbs turn into Jell-O (I don't like that feeling very much).

However the other day Swim ran out of instant release pills so, he took 3 or his 20 mg extended release pills and poured the beads into a makeshift mortar and pedestal. Then Swim proceeds to grind the beads into a powder. He continues grinding until some of the powder, when shaken slightly would form into what looked sort of like cocaine rocks that you get in uncut powdered cocaine that hasn't been chopped up all the way. Sort of like the rocks in the picture of cocaine that is on this site, where it says "the international drug community", but not quite as big.

Swim then bombed it with a square of toilet paper and almost an hour later felt the full rushing euphoric effects, without any of that weird adrenaline rush feeling that made his limbs turn to Jell-O. What was also exciting about the experience to I was that he felt much more energetic and euphoric than he usually does. I was wondering why this happened? Was it because XR is somehow different from instant release? Or did it have to do with the fact that Swim crushed up the powder so much?

Thanks.

2. jduba

jduba Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    sorry i cant help with y but I am prescribed non-xr and refuses to take the xr. no matter how well the beads are crushed it never seems to give the same effect that I has come to love with addy. I has tried crushing or just taking 5 30mg xr for a continuous high but nothing but a fast hr and sweating...my advice stick to the reg pills... sorry couldnt be more of a help

3. AdderallJunkie102

Reputation Points:
    Dude trust Swim, doing what he did was way better than taking the instant release pills.
    Rather than getting weak "Jell-O" limbs and not wanting to get out of the chair I was full of energy and euphoria, I feltso good that he felt like he was floating (and this was the first time in 2 months so it's not a tolerance issue). Swim's thinking that somehow he made whichever of the 4 amphetamines that caused the Jell-O effect to become less active by grinding it down (for longer than necessary to break the polymers). If this is true then I wonder if the same could be done with an instant tablet so, when I get some he will try it.

Maybe it was because Swim bombed it?

4. jduba

jduba Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    yeah swim bombs all addys but never had the heavy limb thing. I do know the non xr gives swim a way more speedy experience than xr even when crushed very fine... but all ppl react diff to sub. I wonder if it may be something like you said in the actual manufacturing of the xr of if it happened to be a one time exp/feeling type thing where something else was in play??

5. AdderallJunkie102

Reputation Points:
    No other substances where used by Swim and it has happened many times

6. korky8097

korky8097 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    i would say for a controlled experiment, you should crush your normal adderall (same dose as you took in xr's) and parachute it. Let us know how that goes, I would help but he usually mixes his xr's and regular ones, and is currently out of his regulars.

Tags: