XTC a Bad rep?

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by dzdandcfused, Oct 4, 2005.

1. dzdandcfused

dzdandcfused Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ill give u my 1st experience in a nutshell with XTC i had
    recently. i heard at first it fukd u up hardcore, was very
    dangerous, and was the so called date rape drug for a while. i
    stuck to pot and drinking for sometime but i have a very close friend
    who uses xtc on occasion and knows his shit... one night he
    showed me his stash of pills he had while we were waiting on some
    weed...well the weed never came so i was just figuring wed just chill
    and kickback...out of nowhere he slips me the pill it had a butterfly
    logo on it is what i remember...while hesistant at first i trusted him
    and we rolled....bottom line aint no word to describe it...and no i
    wasnt all fukd up passed out...it was a night out of this world
    though...i made sure i drank up and i came out fine...it pisses me off
    now hearing people still talk so bad about it when there clueless and
    every1 at my school admits theyve never actually done it..sure outside
    of school ive heard of people having bad experiences and my friend says
    that either it was laced or the person because of there body chemistry
    had a bad reaction to it but i hear this is very rare...im just curious
    wut u guys especially the more experienced users feel about this and
    reasons y xtc has a bad rep. do u think i shud defend the
    preconotations people have about it or shud i just let them run there
    mouths? peace out....

2. umich

umich Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Let them run their mouths. They are too ignorant and narrowminded. I used to have arguments with people all the time, non-drug and drug users. I finally gave up and just shake my head when they try to lecture me on the dangers of ecstasy. It is the second safest drug next to marijuana, but the biggest problem with it is it's impurity. The only people that die from it are people that mix it with other drugs and not hydrate themselves when they are dancing for hours in a hot club. Of course there are rare occurences, but that happens with anything. I can talk for hours about this. Its something that will annoy me for the rest of my life...Good luck man

3. ambrosius

ambrosius Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Let's also add that the test done that "discovered" that E put holes in the brain was done with d-N-methylamphetamine rather than 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I heard this.

4. polloloco001

polloloco001 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    i do pills but i am not gonna say they are not bad for you. i know e
    tards, and they are dumb. like honestly not as smart as they used to
    be. i would not say it is the second safest drug after marijuana.
    mushrooms, mescaline, and most naturally occuring psychedelics are
    safer. but it is certainly safer than meth, heroin, or cocaine as far
    as addiction potential, in fact its not really addictive at all. but
    its not harmless. mdma is a neurotoxic chemical.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_health.shtml
    </font>

5. ambrosius

ambrosius Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Even the most natural drugs still have the possibility of damaging the psyche (sp?).

I do believe it is psychologically addictive. Some people get addicted to the synthetic happiness.

6. queenB

queenB Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hi...new to the site... not the drug... I dunno ithink, in the US anyway, the govt doesn't respect ppl's intelligence and instead just start skewing all the evidence about how bad it is, plus media scares- like all these ppl are just dying everyday from 1 pill of E. and then the drug culture itself has a very negative image, any illicit drug is sort of taboo.

The truth is, no one knows how safe or unsafe it really is.

7. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    I think the bad rep comes mostly from the "studies" that said XTC burned holes in your brain. Even I was skeptical about taking ecstasy until I actually did some research on it. I too am not saying XTC isnt bad for you because anything that isnt used in moderation will take its toll. I popped my first pill and it was like loaded with meth and caffiene with maybe a little MDA in it and I really didnt like it that much. The pill was a green dolphin. I didnt drop again for like 8 months, but then I got ahold of a blue telephone which was pure MDMA. That was when I fell in love with my baby. I had a great time with XTC for a while and was using it quite often. That really isnt a good idea. Use it in moderation and its all good, but once you get out of control it will take its toll on your body. I personally dont know any e tards though. I know several people who have taken several hundred pills and they are all fine. I think the e tard effect should go away after a while of not dosing. Another reason I did not want to take ecstasy was because I had heard pills were mixed with heroin. This was all in my younger years so I was naive and believed just about anything TV/dumb kids told me. When I was about 14 I started to heavily research drugs and thats when I found out that the government banns basically anything that makes you feel good. Think about it, just about everything that causes extreme euphoria and nice visuals gets scheduled. Glad to hear you lilke XTC this is many of my friends favorite. It will show you good times as long as you dont abuse it. Dose up every once in a while just dont over do it. Once a month is a good rule of thumb, but still kinda a lot, any more than that is excess in my opinion.

8. ambrosius

ambrosius Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Things become scheduled when they become a problem. A few dumbasses who drive cars into a bus full of nuns is enough to get something scheduled.

I highly doubt there's any validity to "they take it away because we like it."

Can you imagine AMT being a mass market drug?

I like the hypothetical drug license test someone on this site mentioned. That would be a good idea to some extent.

Ok I'll stop the circle of tangents now.Edited by: ambrosius

9. billyloner

billyloner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    i know people say that e damages your head and you become stupid and slow... but i have to disagree. it may do short-term, i know i noticed a few effects from it such as poor memory and stuff. but thats when i used to take it week in week out.

nowadays i take it maybe twice a year or something. and my memory seems (to me) to be pretty good. i can remember phone numbers from one use, stuff like that. so if using e weekly for 2 years really fucked your head up, should i be able to do stuff like that?

10. raven3davis

Reputation Points:
    It seems to me that anything that causes euphoria/visuals/anything that fucks you up and isnt alcohol or cigarettes gets scheduled eventually. I mean I could be wrong, but the government just does not want us to feel good. There was also some ecstasy commercials on television for a while. The one I remember had a girl and showed her picture and told how she died, and the only drug in her system was ecstasy (MDMA). I dont know how valid the commercial was but maybe it was true. I have never personally herad of anyone dying from pure MDMA, but Im sure given certain circumstances it would be possible.

11. queenB

queenB Newbie

Reputation Points:
    It's probably true; i read about a girl (same one?) who died simply from taking mdma but the whole situation was fucked up. first off, she died bc her body just could not metabolize the mdma. people have died from taking tylenol (rare, but happens) just because their body cant metabolize the drug. but the girl who died, i mean her friends were all really young, and they realized she was in trouble but never took her to the hospital or called for help or anything, they just put her to bed thinking she would be ok. The report later said if they had done something she probably would have survived.

And about how ppl say things about the e-tards, i just don't really think its true. it's hard to separate mdma effects from other drugs, since most ppl who do ecstasy also do other drugs, at least smoke weed. and weed definitely has short term effects on memory [​IMG]

12. raven3davis

Reputation Points:
    Yea and lots of x pills do have meth in them and meth is known to be neurotoxic. Before pills were illegal you never found meth or any bullshit in tabs, it was pure shit. Now they are illegal, the market is run by drug entreprenuars who will do anything for a buck, including sell you some shit that will kill you. I havent heard of any PMA pills going around but those seem pretty dangerous. Lots of people like a bit of speed in their pills, but its really a gamble these days, there is no telling what you might get. "XTC" pills are becoming adulterated more often and its because the chemicals to make it are starting to be more heavily regulated and drug laws keep getting stricter. If it were legal, atleast it could be regulated and the damage would be minimal, because people would know what they are getting, and how much.

13. cannabis man

cannabis man Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    leah betts! in england there was a massive scandal in the tabloids about this girl who went to an 'illegal' rave (only illegal if discovered, pretty much a huge sound system in a field) she apparently had one pill nothin else n died. just like that. recent other info shows she was a reg user who dropped loads n drank herself to death. bad rep is made by its writer!

14. sonerer

sonerer Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Its jsut has bad rep because the media projects it as a lethal drug,
    which it can be if u dont know what your doing. For example take any
    random pill, dont drink or drink till water spills outr your ears.

But would you want all of the world on drugs, think of the economic
    problems and long term brain deficency in the population leading to an
    overly stupid human race who are druged upto their eyeballs.

Thats why only a select few who are brave enough (or coned into by peer
    pressure) take drugs, there needs to be a balance... WOW WTF AM I
    TALKING [email protected]^$E*@