1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

XTC testing kits to test Research Chemicals?

Discussion in 'Research Chemicals' started by pancyan, Nov 10, 2005.

1. pancyan

pancyan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    52 y/o
    Is it possible to use any of the following reagents to test
    research chems?

Mecke Reagent, Simon’s reagent and Marquis Reagent

Where can I find the expected results?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2010
  2. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    i have tested most things around the lab and the house with Marquis and Mandelin.

methylone and cousins, many of the 2C-s, all tryptamines produce a reaction of note, if one is observant of nuances, accurate record may be assembled.

as a first defence / ID measure (ie you spaced what powder is what) the 2 tests mentioned are accurate enough to tell what class you are dealing with.

3. grandbaby

grandbaby Newbie

Reputation Points:
    50 y/o
    BUMP

and Nanobrain, I don't suppose you kept logs of what the reactions were, did you? I'd like to begin compiling in one place, for the benefit of members & all humankind, how common (and not so common) RCs react with various reagents. Once I got enough data I'd make a nice easy-to-read chart & post it ... & keep updating.

As of right now, the Erowid chart linked to by radiometer is the best we have, though it hardly reflects the substances that are most in circulation right now. (Particularly in regards to the highly potent stuff that people are trying to pass off on blotters as "acid.") I'll keep digging here & on other forums & post what I find; I seem to recall a BL member had done some systematic testing, but I can't find it just at the moment....

Anyone with information, please come forward & send me your results via PM or posting. Thanks muchly.

4. grandbaby

grandbaby Newbie

Reputation Points:
    50 y/o
    From a post in another thread by the ever-informative Illuminati Boy:

Color Test Reagents
    Ehrlich’s Reagent : 0.5 g of para-dimethylaminobenzaldehyde (p-DMAB) in a mixture containing 50 mL of ethyl alcohol and 50 mL concentrated hydrochloric acid [5]. Marquis Reagent: 100 mL formaldehyde in 1000 mL concentrated sulfuric acid [5].

Color Testing
    Testing each of the tryptamine analogues with the Ehrlich’s reagent produced the same change in color from purple to blue, except for DPT HCl, which produced a violet color change and 5-MeO-MIPT which changed from purple to a faint blue. In the presence of the Marquis reagent, each tryptamine analogue produced the same color change from yellow to black, except for DPT HCl which gave a yellow color only, as shown in
    Table 1.

Table 1: Results of Color Testing.

“Designer” Tryptamine | Ehrlich’s Reagent | Marquis Reagent
    N,N-DPT HCl | violet | yellow
    5-MeO-DMT | purple to blue | yellow to black
    5-MeO-MIPT | purple to faint blue | yellow to black
    5-MeO-DIPT HCl | purple to blue | yellow to black
    5-MeO-AMT HCl | purple to blue | yellow to black

From Microgram Journal Volume 3, Numbers 1-2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Color Tests
    A purple color was observed when the sample was subjected to the para-dimethylaminobenzaldehyde (PDMAB) reagent test. [This result, along with the fact that sugar cubes were used as the supporting media, explain why the submitting agency believed the exhibits contained LSD.]
    However, a cherry red color was observed when the sample was subjected to the sodium nitroprusside reagent test, suggesting a tryptamine. This result was then compared to three tryptamine standards (Table 1). The results suggested the presence of a primary amine with an alpha-methyltryptamine moiety (Figure 2) - and not a secondary amine with an N-methyltryptamine moiety (Figure 3).

Tryptamine | Sodium Nitroprusside Test

alpha-Methyltryptamine | Cherry Red

N-Methyltryptamine | Purple

5-Methoxy-alpha-methyltryptamine | Cherry Red

5. illuminati boy

illuminati boy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    In case it moves, Erowid has the following data points listed:

Marquis

2-AminoIndan
    Orange to Red (slightly rusty)
    2C-C
    Starting brown going to Dark Lime Green (similar to 2C-B)
    2C-D
    Very light pink
    2C-E
    No reaction (!?)
    2C-I
    Dark Green to Black
    2C-T-2
    Orange to Red (usually a sort of salmon color)
    2C-T-4
    Orange to Red (usually a sort of salmon color)
    2C-T-7
    Orange to Red (salmon, again; also, there is less tendency towards orange than 2C-T-2 shows)
    3C-P
    Orange
    4-Acetoxy-DiPT
    Dirty (blackish) olive
    4-Methyl-Aminorex (u4euh)
    no color change
    4-MTA
    no color change
    5-MeO-DiPT
    Fizzes then turns yellow quickly changing to a slightly rusty orange
    Alpha-Methyl-DiPT
    Fizzes then turns brown
    AMT
    Dark brownish-yellow
    BDB
    Dark brown, nearly black
    Benzylpiperazine
    No color change, but it causes the reagent to fizz. Looks like when you pour hydrogen peroxide on a cut.
    DiPT
    Fizzes strongly then turns a neon yellow
    DPT
    Dirty olive
    Harmine
    Fizzes slightly, much less so than BZP, and turns a brown-orange rust color.
    IAP
    Immediate reaction to salmon/red, slowly intensifies to a darker red over 1min.
    MBDB
    Dark Brown to Black
    Methylone
    Yellow
    Opiates
    Pink to Purple
    Phenolphthalein
    Crimson
    PMA
    No color change
    TMA-2
    Lime Green (similar to 2C-B)
    TMA-6
    Yellow to Orange
    Yohimbine
    Fizzes slightly, much less so than BZP. Slowly (up to a minute), it will turn an olive green color.

Mecke

2C-E
    light yellow/green within 10 seconds
    2C-I
    Immediate reaction to a reddish brown similar to drying blood
    2C-T-21
    Dark blood red which turns to an imperial purple over 30 seconds
    4-Methyl-Aminorex (u4euh)
    no color change
    IAP
    No Reaction
    MBDB
    Yellow
    TMA-6
    Dirty olive, gradually develops orange on the edges of the liquid puddle after about a minute

Simons

2C-E
    No reaction
    2C-I
    No reaction
    2C-T-21
    Greenish blue
    IAP
    No Reaction
    TMA-6
    Purple

Hopefully this is helpful.I B

6. joechip666

joechip666 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Marquis on 2C-I is somewhat off on the above chart. SWIM has tested on 2 different batches and had the following results:

Marquis: Brown quickly changing to green-yellow then turquoise on the edges.

7. Broshious

Broshious Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: Testing RC

SWIM just acquired some Methylone and tested it with Mecke. Was a fairly bright yellow/green to start and then over a minute or so changed to orange then brownish.

Has anyone else tested/can test Methylone with Mecke to see if the results match?

EDIT: After a bioassay he is firmly convinced this is Methylone. He also looked on another board and found someone get no reaction with Mecke, but another person got a yellow color so he is still a bit confused and if anyone has any info that'd be great.

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  8. samadhi_smiles

samadhi_smiles Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o

Hey Illuminati Boy, there's some mistakes on that first chart you posted.

DPT turns deepish olive green, not yellow.

All 5-MeO's that I've tested (-dipt, -mipt, -DMT) turn brownish then ink black (after a long time like 30 mins).

May want to just remove that one as it is flawed.

9. samadhi_smiles

samadhi_smiles Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o

Test it with marquis reagent. It will turn bright yellow immediately and stay yellow. Very distinct.

It sounds like its possible there is a mixture of chemicals in that powder you have and given the high dosages of Methylone I wouldn't feel safe taking it (ie if there are toxic impurities in it SWIY'd be taking in A LOT).

10. Elphantwalker

Elphantwalker Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM passed on the following information for sharing with others. They said the contents of branded plant feeders (or whatever the thin rhetorical term) are constantly undergoing changes in both actives and filler, so results will always vary. SWIM still has no idea what are in these things as the results match up with nothing online.

Diablo XXX Extreme​
    Pinkish speckled pill; breaks down into brown powder that looks like women’s makeup. Terrible burn upon snorting, scent vaguely similar to chlorine gas.

Mecke: Instant change to purplish-bluish AND black. Likely 2 different substances here. I didn’t see a turquoise color at any point so I wonder if the chemical change I just witnessed is meant to throw people off somehow.

Marquis: Instant purple

Simon’s: A - Instant bright red; B – no change—still bright red. They do this in water too.

Elphantwalker added 2 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

[FONT=&quot]SWIM passed on the following information for sharing with others. They said the contents of branded plant feeders (or whatever the thin rhetorical term) are constantly undergoing changes in both actives and filler, so results will always vary. SWIM still has no idea what are in these things as the results match up with nothing online.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Doves Original​
    White pills – effects VERY much like MDMA with 1-2 hr. duration. Minimal aftereffects when pre- and post-loaded with 5HTHP, Vitamin C, Multivitamin, etc.

Mecke: No immediate reaction. Over ~2 min, test powder slowly turns off white approaching yellowish or light brownish. This *MIGHT* suggest cathinones according to the legend that came with the kit. The other guide, however, suggests DXM. After about an hour the test appears closer to orange or orangish brown. My experience with cough syrup leaves me on the fence – if someone gave a DO to me and I took it, then told me it was X, I would believe them. If they had told me it was DXM I would believe them too. I didn’t realize the effects of DXM and MDMA were so close in my mind.

Marquis: Exact same. Possibly minor fizz, but difficult to observe.

Simon’s: A – instant orangish; B – slight greyish. After about an hour, it looks like a greenish loogey with a black ring around the edges.

Possible NRG-2 (http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131229). I didn’t get dramatic fizzing – only minor fizz – with Marquis. “The results for NRG-2 suggest it is highly unlikely that this batch contained a pyrovalerone analog. The substance in this batch contains a secondary amine. Interestingly this observation would also appear to rule out many of the common aminoindanes in circulation.”

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  11. neverfailedtofail

neverfailedtofail Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Just wanted to add butyr fentanyl tests I've done.

Duquenois reagent for the : absolutely no reaction as expected.

Scott reagent ( modified ) for cocaine hcl and base: deep blue color with a small amount of pink from the 3rd ampoule on the right side of the packet. Packet contains 3 different ampoules. First 2 on left side of the packet turned deep blue throughout most of the packet with a small amount of pink from 3rd ampoule on the right.

Will be posting pictures asap along with pics of marquis, mecke,and mandelin on butyr fentanyl hcl and acetyl fentanyl hcl.

Will update soon. There is no info on reagent testing of different fentanyl analogs.

Best regards
    Neverfailedtofail