Purity - Yellow residue

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by forty1, Sep 9, 2005.

1. forty1

forty1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Ok, I got a bag a week ago, stuffed it in a sock in their drawer, and just pulled it out today and there is this yellowish residue all over the buds. I was just wondering if that was normal or if its some kind of mold or something harmful. any advice is appreciated.

2. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Have SWIM Take a picture and post it. It's too vague to answer. Was it moist when you got it? What was the color then? Was the bag sealed? Edited by: MrJim

3. forty1

forty1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Ok, ill try to get a before/after shot...it wasnt moist..the color was dark green with some hairs, swim sealed the bag & stuffed it in a sock in their drawer..now the buds are still the same color w/ hairs, only theres this yellowish powdery substance all over.

4. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    If it's much drier now, that might just be kief. If it smells or tastes off, it could be mold.

5. thegod1

thegod1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I think its kief. Sometimesswims baggie goes like yours.

6. forty1

forty1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    It's just as dry as it was before...i was just informed by a friend that it's probably mold. if this is true, then i have a couple questions...

is there anythingmy friendcan do that would get rid of the mold? i had them move the bag from the sock drawer to a sealed container, and then they put it in their desk drawer.

is this pot still smokable?

my friend cant get any pictures up at the moment..just know that its the same exact bud, only with a yellowish powdery substance that kind of resembles pollen in a way

7. forty1

forty1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    if its kief, how/why did it form? this has never happened to me before

8. forty1

forty1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    also, the smell of the buds is pretty much the same as before

9. thegod1

thegod1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Swimalways smokes it, it tastes normal and smells normal, never been ill or nothing from it and same high. I think you might be worrying a little to much.

10. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Fire-up a Joint. Experiment. If it's Mold, you will probably figure it out.

Forty1 asks: Is this [possibly moldy] pot still smokable?

One thing about Mold: It dies quickly when heated up to a Few-hundred degrees. Even if it's a little Moldy, it is still smokable. More than once, I have smoked REAL old pot (like 3 years old). And, one time I have smoked obviously Moldy pot (at Swim's house). Good news! It didn't taste quite as good, but it still Kicked ass. All of that THC is still there, just waiting for you to use it up.

If you are worried at all, just make it into Canna-Butter, and bake up some Brownies (or soak it in Booze and make some Tincture). Since this is the Only time this has happened, just rack it up to experience. Should this re-occur, then maybe worry about what happened.

11. markdahman

markdahman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Yeah ive seen o nsite people purposely making thyer buds moldy 2 supposedly increase potency altho it couldnt b good im sure smoking it owuldnt hurt!

Altho ive seen yellowish on my buds it was a rez kinda deal it was like that when i got it tho so it wa sprolly just hairs or something... anyways msoke it up my friend!