Yopo Snuff

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by pokergod0588, May 6, 2006.

1. pokergod0588

pokergod0588 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    anyone know of a tutorial for making the stuff? im basically looking for info on how much cut (ash/limestone/etc.) to mix with the powdered seeds, does it matter if you cut/mix it or can the crushed seeds be snorted alone? i thought they had to be mixed or it wouldnt work but i may be wrong

2. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    from my experience he tells me that while snorting the unbasified seeds crushed still works it can be worse on the body for some reason. ie projectile vomit. a good cut would be 2:1 yopo to base .

Last edited: May 6, 2006
  3. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    place 5 seeds in the oven on a baking sheet until they pop. take them out of the oven and pulverize them in your appropriate pulverizing device. a mortar and pestle is good to have. after the seeds are finely powdered add the appropraite base and then insufflate as you see fit. some may prefer more or less material. its all personal preference.

4. pokergod0588

pokergod0588 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i read somewhere that the outer shell should be discarded after it pops open and only the inside of the seed should be ground up and used in the preparation... is that correct or is the whole thing (shell and all) ground up and insufflated?

5. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    either way works. swim told me he figures why waste whatever may be in the shell by tossing it.

6. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    also the base you are using will effect the ratio. the more basic the less needed would be the assumption.

7. pokergod0588

pokergod0588 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    thanks for all the info fatal, one last thing... how does the burn actually compare to other substances that are snorted? (ie. cocaine, crushed pills, etc) it appears to be horrible, judging by some of the experiences i have read

but i've also heard from friends of mine that doing lines of, lets say crushed percocets, is extremely horrible which ive never found to even hurt a little... could it just be the opinion of the person in question or is it a fact that yopo hurts real bad? thanks again

8. Voices

Voices Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Keep in mind I have never made Yopo, but I was reading that indiginous folks would make a paste (by adding water) and allowing it to ferment.

This can be done by making the paste and setting it out in a bowl or glass (covered with Cheese cloth or something) and exposing it to air for a couple of days (more days if your home is cold). Yeast is very plentiful (as are many other mico things).

I ferment quite a few of my own foods and beverages so can say with certainty that fermenting is easy. If I were personally going to make Yopo, I would ferment the paste just because that's the way it was done before we (us) became interested in it, and fermenting is fun.

Like I said, I ain't never made Yopo, so I do not know if this would affect the outcome you're looking for.

9. pokergod0588

pokergod0588 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    so the yopo snuff is mixed with water and yeast then left to sit out, lets say, on a window sill where it will get sun, for a few days? then what?

10. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

yopo hurts real bad. play with your base combos.:hoover:

11. Voices

Voices Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    No, The seeds are ground to a powder and the powder is mixed with water. This paste is put in a bowl and covered with cloth; the yeast is in the air. You only have to leave the paste exposed to the air for a couple of days (covering it keeps flies and other sakdfh;ahfwhf off).

If I were me, I would ferment the paste. If I were you, I would not worry about fermenting, as I don't think it will do anything to the psychedelic experience that you're looking for.

12. Desertfox

Desertfox Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    what would be the reason to femrent it at all then? does it hurt less?

13. pokergod0588

pokergod0588 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    voices, you arent answering the question or giving any info other than that it's fermented... the main step in the procees is what happens after the paste is allowed to ferment? we get that it should be allowed to "ferment" for a couple days but what is done with it after that? dried out? eaten? smoked? snorted? explain how it is then used

14. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    dont ferment it. if you do what is already posted it will work fine. never heard of fermenting yopo

15. Voices

Voices Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I cannot be anymore specific:

I have never made yopo (I do not do drugs).

The effects discribed in literature of yopo (and related snuffs) seem to read more powerfully than most contemporary reports of made at home snuffs.

Look on Erowid, at least one of Otts essays mention the fermentation of A. peregrina and related snuffs. The enzymatic process of fermenting may, I repeat MAY just maybe have some sort of effect on the other effect, injestion with intent, of the over all powder.

Roast the seeds till they 'pop'
    Crush the dry seeds to a powder and put a small amount of water in to cover the powder (using tap water may not be good because of the chlorine).
    Put the paste in a small bowl or shallow glass and cover the top with cheese cloth so it is exposed to open air for about 3 to 5 days (more days if its cold where you are).
    After 3 to 5 days completely dry the mash under heat and mix with calcinated lime, or baking soda (don't use sodium carbonate, use the bicarbonate), or whatever other items have been listed elsewhere.

You can also toss in a couple of grapes or a plum (if bought somewhere where fruit isn't sprayed with insecticides or herbicides), the whitish silveryish sheen that is seen on organic grapes or plums is yeast, which makes grapes and plums great starters, if you're making open fermented sourdough bread, which I also would not recommend snorting.

If you're just trying to get high, get high. If you want to use the recipe that indiginous cultures used to commune with their spirits and gods and such, get to know the yeast mold.

16. Voices

Voices Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Toss in the grape or plum on top of the slurry during the 3 to 5 day wait.

Then remove the grape(s) or plum as you don't want to try to snort a plum, that would hurt.

You would be putting said fruit in the fermentation vessel because the yeast from said fruit will transfere itself onto your magic seed paste and fermentation will be faster and more thorough.

If there is an enzymatic reaction that makes this snuff more psychedelic, it could be possible to over do the fermentaion, but I have never made yopo and never will, so I don't know. Have I said that before? Yes.

Tags: