1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Experiences - Your Thoughts on Kanna/Recommendations On Other Legal Herbs?

Discussion in 'Ethnobotanicals' started by Necrosis, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Necrosis

Necrosis Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Just recently ordered an ounce of Kanna, as I am the legal route right now.
    What are your thoughts on Kanna and what other legal herbs would you recommend?

2. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    You are more then welcome to read about herbs of all sorts here. We have far more info already posted then you'll gain from a question like this. Spend three hours doing some reading and you'll have tons of info and ideas.

3. Necrosis

Necrosis Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have been doing quite a bit of reading, but I guess I'll do some more.
    Thanks!

4. KannaKratom

KannaKratom Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I use kanna twice a day for the last two years and I must say it is an interesting plant. Sometimes I take it and I get twisted, other times I don't feel it at all. I did notice if you take Theanine about 3 hours before kanna it intensifies the effect. Also ginkgo 3 hours before also boosts the kanna flight..peace and chicken grease

5. Cousin Merle

Cousin Merle Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    What exactly are you going to be using kanna for?

Kanna is not really "recreational", but can have some positive effects. It can help with depression, anxiety and other mental health conditions. It can have some stimulant/adaptogenic properties. It can also have some nootropic qualties. It's not one to get you "high", though.

I like kanna a lot for the above mentioned purposes, but have found that it is somewhat inconsistent in its effects.

6. KannaKratom

KannaKratom Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Kanna gets me "high", Like a cross between cannabis and MDMA. I use it "recreationally". Some times it doesn't work tho. It works really well with kratom also. Usually I have nightmares every single night and when I take kanna I sleep nightmare free. Its a very mystical herb. Mucus membrane absorption is the best way for consumption IMO...

7. Cousin Merle

Cousin Merle Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I agree on the mucus membrane absorption (chewing the kanna). I have had far stronger effects this way than simply swallowing the plant or smoking it. I have heard that insufflating the plant powder is the strongest method, but I haven't tried that.

I guess I did get "high" a few times from a really nice batch of kanna I got about 1 year ago. It didn't work every time, but a couple times it was a pretty profound experience - lots of empathy, feelings of closeness with nature, brightening of colors, euphoria. I was highly impressed. But for whatever reason I could not always re-create these few experiences....