Drug info - Yucatan Fire Blend

Discussion in 'Cannabinoids' started by theshiftyshaman, May 5, 2009.

1. theshiftyshaman

theshiftyshaman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o
    Swim recently tried this blend. It is definetely his favourite blend so far.
    It comes in a 2gram bag and is much cheaper than most other good blends though there isint that much in a bag because its very flakey and twiggy.

The high is very exotic and unique.
    Swim thinks it is very very diffrent from other blends he has tried like all the Spices, Smoke, Dream and Magic Silver.
    It is very euphoric and I usually feels his body dissapears and he becomes very energetic.

Does anyone other swimmers have expirience with this? and Any oral uses?

2. honourableone

honourableone R.I.P. Gold Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Re: Yucutan Fire Blend

I like this blend as well, he finds it to be euphoric compared to other blends, and still quite trippy - it might share second place with Spice Diamond in his list of favourite blends, with only Magic Silver rated higher. I agree that this blend is very uplifting, and is versatile enough to improve both relaxation and movement very well. I find that the peak effects last for two and a half hours.

Analysis has shown that Yucatan Fire contains a mixture of JWH-018 and CP47,497.

It's funny that you should ask about oral usage, because this is the blend that I have used most orally, for very nice effects. it works the same way as with Spice - it is slightly more potent, trippier and lasts much longer. The onset is one hour (unless a lot of food has been taken, which once caused an onset of two and a half hours for SWIM), the effects come on slowly, fade slowly, and the peak effects are a few hours longer.

3. theshiftyshaman

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o

very interesting!I am eager to try this!

4. theshiftyshaman

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o

I has just tried yucutan orally. he ate abit less than he would smoke.

he started to notice the effects after about 1.5 hours

it was very trippy indeed. he got weird feelings, wves and pulses through his whole body.

he felt very euphoric and relaxed. but also energetic.
    the high was VERY clean and spiritual.

his mind went into strange psyhcedelic loops

after trying Spice diamond and magic silver orally over the last few days I has to say this beats them hands down
    and the best thing is he felt great afterwards and didnt have to worry about work the next day

5. wiki

wiki Guest

Reputation Points:
    Salams,
    Iam interested in experimenting with the "legal"herbs.I have so far tried yucatan fire,it dopes,me up,makes me want to sleep alot and dehydrates me,leaving a mild headache.
    How does this compare with other experiences?
    Is there any medical explanation for the dehydration,considering I have used very small amounts sprinkled with tobacco?

6. Sidus

Sidus Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from U.K.
    I have a question on dosing. If my hamster would like to smoke it for a good high feeling, how much should he smoke? and if my hamster would like to eat some? Is it the same dose as cannabis?
    Thx...

7. honourableone

Reputation Points:
    I would say to take it slow. Have no more than 100-150mg to start with, and work your way up if you are comfortable. How much it will take will depend on your tolerance (there is a cross-tolerance with cannabis) and factors specific to you, but it is highly unlikely that you will need more than 400mg for a decent level of effects. Start small, and work your way up slowly - using a bong would make this easier. It shouldn't take you long to get a feel for the blend, and when you do you will be able to work out doses easily, with amounts tailored to yourself.

Don't take an oral dose straight away - wait untill you work out a suitable smoking dose for yourself, then a good oral dose will be a little bit less than than.

8. Sidus

Sidus Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from U.K.
    My hamster will follow your advice, but he likes to role it nice joints. I assume the same rules apply?

9. honourableone

Reputation Points:
    Indeed they do. Starting off small may be just enough, or it may be dissapointing, but you should always test the waters. If you like rolling joints, then slowly upping the dosage should give you the opportunity to roll more :).

This blend is quite potent, but not to the extent of Aroma or Magic Silver in that once you get used to it you can work our appropriate doses for different situations very easily.

10. 1954

1954 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have tried a bag of Yucatan and was very happy with it. Because SWIM's source is half-way around the globe he hasn't gotten another.
    SWIM's usual dosage is a quick bowl in a small pipe. I like to work on his hobbies using this another blends.:cool:

11. Drats

Drats Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from afghanistan
    AW: Yucatan Fire Blend

I would say that every consumer feels that it´s from the producers of Spice. It even contains the same cannabinoids. In the Spice range they use the same mixture of cannabinoids and just change the percentage in the blend. I had the feeling that in Yucatan Fire they change not only the percentage, they also changed the mixture of cannabinoids a little bit (just the amount not the cannabinoid itself). The effects start like Spice Diamond, but the difference is:
    - It does not pressed SWIM into the seat like Spice, he still can move and feels active.
    - It´s a little bit more euphoric than Spice.
    But the rest is pretty similar to SWIM. But the good thing is, it also lasts long like Spice.
    But to the taste and smell: it smells a little bit like a wormwood extract, SWIM described the taste as horrible, but the blend is pretty strong so only a small dosage is needed. Through the long time of effects, SWIM must strongly advice to start with low dosages, cause an overdose would lead to 4-5 hours of bad feelings.

12. TheEdgecrusher

TheEdgecrusher Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Hello everyone ! I am glad I found this thread, because I want to post a few things regarding this blend, things from SWIM's experience.

First of all, a little backgroung:

I am talking about SWIM who is a 21 year old male, has a about 88 kg, 1.88 meters in height.
    I have been enjoying the psychedelic effects of various spices for a few months now and he thinks that the effects of these substances are very similar to that of genuine cannabis. Of all the spices, SWIM's favorite is by far Yucatan Fire, followed by Spice Diamond. I have had some great experience with Yucatan Fire, sometimes smoking it alone, sometimes smoking it with his friends. SWIM experienced strange trips from this blend, mixed with extremely euphoric periods.

IF REQUESTED I will post SWIM's experience with smoking Yucatan.
    However, I would like to share his experience with this blend after EATING it, because he saw some posts in this thread that advice eating this substance. I will post SWIM's experience as it is, objectively, after which he will post a personal opinion on the experience.

So here is SWIM's report of the matter:

T -00:30 : I have a light meal before going out to town, where he was supposed to meet a friend of his. He takes about 50 mg of yucatan fire (what was left of a 2g bag) which he decides to eat it at the advice of a friend of his.
    T 00:00 : While in town, walking to the place of meeting, I takes the 50 mg, cheews it well, than swallows it.
    T +00:30: SWIM arrives at the place of meeting, and i learns that his friend is going to be late for a while. I takes a book he took from home, and figures he should read some while waiting for his friend. Up to this point I am feeling normal, can read without any problems.
    T +01:00: SWIM's friend arrives and they both go to a bar. SWIM starts to feel that the extremities of his body are getting quite hot and while his vision is still ok, he feels it get a little blured- such as when you drink a little alchohol, you are not drunk, but feel a little bit dizzy.
    T +01:30: While at the bar, SWIM decides to not drink alchohol because he wants to see the pure effects of swallowing Yucatan. At this point he is experiencing mild short term memory problems.
    T +02:00: SWIM's short term memory is seriously impaired at this point. SWIM stops in the middle of a sentence and can't remember what he was talking about 2 seconds ago. EX: "So the other day I talked to my girlfriend on the phone and [stops a couple of seconds] wait...what was I talking about?"
    T +02:30 : The effects are clearly in motion at this point. SWIM's vision is seriously blurred, he starts laughing at pretty much everything, while at the same time he experiences very high euphoria, thinking of the lights in the bar he's at with his friend are "mystic" and "magical".
    T +03:30: SWIM and his friend leave the bar and now the effects are at their peak. SWIM's vision is blurred, he feels his body very light, combined with a feeling that he could take off and fly if he wanted to. He is also very enthusiastic about his surroundings, while walking on the street.

At this point SWIM also believes he experienced an out-of-body-experience : he was purposely looking at the corner of a 10 stores building, regarding it as a magnificent example of great architecture. Suddenly, he noticed that his perspective has changed. He was looking at the corner of the builing as if he was floating above it. He freaked out and after a second of blackout, SWIM's perspective was 'back' down, on the ground floor, where he was standing.

T +04:00 : The effects are starting to decline at this point. I say goodbye to his friend and decides to take the subway back home.

T +04:30: While on the subway, I am getting a bit unnerved and feels like slipping into a bad trip. WHile the feeling of a light body is fading out, his vision is still blurred and several times he freaks out because he thinks he forgot to get off at the right station. However, he soon realizez this is not the case, as his station is just coming up.

T +05:00 : I get back home. Now he feels a lot more down to Earth. The main effects seem to have faded and he feels a little tired. His short term memory is still a little bit impaired, his vision still blurred though. SWIM compared the feelings at this point to the feelings he has after drinking a bit too much alchohol.

T +06:00: I am feeling better now- still a little dizzy. He takes a shower and goes to sleep.

T +08:00: SWIM wakes up because he needs to use the toilet. He is still quite dizzy and confused. He also has a feeling of nausea. He goes back to sleep, forgeting about the nausea.

T +15:00 : SWIM wakes up and is feeling ok in general. He still feels the extremities of his body kind of hot though, and is feeling a bit confused. He also has a mild headache. HE has no other psychological or phisiological abnormalities.

T +18:00 : I feel he is ready to drive the car, now that the feeling of confusion is fading out. He has a few things on his agenda to solve.

T +20:00: I had no trouble driving the car and now all secondary effects of the previous night seem to have worn off entirely.

T +24:00: I experience no psychological or phisiological abnormalities and feels 100% normal.

SWIM's conclusion:

I think that the peak effects felt after eating 50 mg Yucatan Fire are simillar in intensity and duration to the effects felt when smoking 1 g of Yucatan. However, the secondary effects felt after the peak effects are gone last very long and are very annoying. He felt very lethargical and passive during these secondary efects. The nausea feeling was also very uncomfortable.

SWIM definetely rules against eating this blend as the effects linger too much around, making SWIM ineffective for around 8 hours. SWIM also thinks it is risky to eat this substance, because I do not know if it has or not effects on any other parts of the body- such as the liver, for example, or the stomach.

I will stick to smoking Yucatan Fire, as he is perfectly content to it.
    Let me know what you's think about this and also you's experiences with Yucatan...

TheEdgecrusher added 511 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

I need to correct the dosage. He ate 500 mg of yucatan- I got wrong the conversions .
    And he smokes 500 mg usually...so he ate as much as he would smoke...

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  13. port 21

port 21 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.K.
    I have only ever found Yucatan to be effective when he tokes from a bong, any other means of ingestion do not work, joints, eating, pipes, none work. Although for a very nice high, swim recomends scattering some yucatan in a hookah, its amazing. ;)

14. Reaver

Reaver Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from scotland
    I found this experience report inside a bag of dog biscuits, only discovered when his dopefiend dog knocked them on to the floor. On the inside of the packet, scrawled in claw scratchings and dog drool was this communique...

body weight & gender: 130lb's, Male.
    dose taken: 120-160mg (estimate).
    route of administration: Smoked, inhaled from small metal pipe.
    Setting: Home, evening, relaxing at computer.
    duration of main effects: 45 mins - 1 hour.
    main effects: Mild euphoria, appetite enhancement, slight change in perception.
    side effects: None noticed after 4 month of semi-regular usage.
    after effects: Slight but lingering fog at the corners of brain for 30-40 mins after main effects have faded
    rating of the experience: 7/10

Packaging. I have been enjoying Yucatan fire off and on for the past 4 month and has only had experience of the newer packaging (pictured below) which is a silver foil resealable packet, similar to but slightly taller than the standard Spice packets. The pack also has a dimple in the bottom to allow it to fold out and expand to hold more volume (packet was quite clearly designed for a different purpose than containing smoking blends) ,Since Yucatan Fire packs only contain 2 grams this dimple is tucked up in to a seam that runs inside the packet and divides the smoking blend in to two small pockets at the bottom of the pack, this is no great obstacle when using the product, just a curio really.
    I also like the branding of Yucatan Fire and for some reason it pleases him that the descriptive blurbs on the sticker labels are all spelled correctly.

Product.
    Smell: Slightly minty, very sweet smell, reminds Swim of a fresh stick of "wrigleys juicy fruit" chewing gum, there is an earthiness to the scent as well which combines to give a subtle and pleasant overall aroma.

Texture and appearance: This is a heavy, dense blend and by volume it can appear to be less than the two grams stated on the front of the packet, this however is deceiving as a small amount of Yucatan produces a large quantity of smoke. The photo's at the bottom of this post should hopefully show the rather large unbroken sections of flaky leaves, These leaves are semi-brittle and dry and it is difficult to use the "finger dab" technique to remove the blend from the pouch since very little will actually adhere to a finger. The leaf material is quite dull in overall colour, ranging from faded green to yellowy brown and although there are a few twigs in the mix they are quite thin and easy to break down.

I find this blend a bit of a pain to work with as it comes, and always runs the blend through a grinder and then back in to the pack, he finds this makes gauging doses and general handling easier and also seems to aid in giving a more consistent burn.

Smoke, taste and effects.
    Smoke and taste: Swim eyeballed what he would guess to be 120-160mg of Yucatan and deposited it in a small, metal usa screw pipe with metal gauze, Swim then used a standard Clipper lighter to spark the bowl. The material in the pipe burned at a fair rate and fully. On inhaling the smoke was hot enough to make Swim fully aware that he was smoking but not so hot as to be unpleasant, the taste upon inhaling is sweet but generally neutral. The smoke filled My lungs to near full capacity and as he exhaled he noted a sweet mentholy taste with a pleasant herbal tang on the tip of his tongue, slight woody taste underlying the flavour but it's not harsh or intrusive. I find the smoke from Yucatan Fire to be fresh on the palate.

Effects: Four minutes after exhaling and Swim can feel a buzzing in the back of his head, sits back and waits for the high to come on.

+ Six minutes and My head feels vacant, loses track of thought and can't keep a grin from spreading on his face.

+ Fifteen minutes and I feel very relaxed and contented with warm waves seeming to wash through his torso, he notices a shift in how he was perceiving his surroundings, music appreciation is enhanced and the everything looks vibrant. I find it easy to get lost in the enjoyment of the moment, not particularly thinking about anything.

+ Twenty-five minutes and I have come back down slightly from peak, still quite stoned and generally feeling very relaxed, it's very easy to drift away for a couple of minutes at a time as My mind goes blank and then snaps back to whatever he was doing/reading/typing.

+ Fifty minutes and Swim suddenly feels "back in the room", sense of perception has shifted back to a pre-dose state, Mentally I feel like he's just come in from somewhere, even though he has not left the room since the onset of effects. I did not experience a gradual reduction in effects, more a sharp tapering off around the 50 minute mark leaving only a mild fuzziness that hung around my head for the next half hour or so.

opinion. I find Yucatan Fire to give a very warm and rounded experience,and although he felt a euphoria like surge during the initial onset, the majority of his experience was spent in a state of contentment rather than full on euphoria. Swim definitely thinks that it has a positive enhancement on mood and relieving anxiety. In contrast to some other blends, Yucatan Fire actually seems to slow My heartbeat down and he has been found using Yucatan to help in taking the edge from the jittery, paranoid high that excessive amounts of JWH-018 can sometimes elicit in him. (Caution! Using more cannabinoids to relieve the effects of a cannabinoid overdose is probably not too smart ,this is a purely subjective and anecdotal comment from Swim)

It's not a blow your head off type blend but it could not be described as mild either, more of an after-work smoke rather than a bedtime smoke. After an initial dose I find it difficult to build up accumulative effects by smoking larger amounts of Yucatan Fire and just finds that it makes his thinking more fuzzy without gaining much in the way of enhanced main effects. For most Swimmers, Yucatan probably won't take the place of their main blend as it just doesn't feel heavy-hitting enough when smoked, but it is an excellent addition to any herbal stash and a highly enjoyable change from the buzzy mind loop and couch-lock of the more premium league Magic Silver/Spice Diamond style blends and I would be happy in recommending this blend to his like minded friends. (even if they may be as imaginary as Swim himself)

Swim just happened to stumble upon the attached photo's here and there, and it is merely a happy coincidence that they suitably matched the information in the post:p

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017