1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

Discussion in 'Ethnobotanicals' started by mtv jercough, Nov 6, 2005.

1. mtv jercough

mtv jercough Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Oct 16, 2005
    Dont blow up if i spelled it wrong or something like that

i just have a few questions

1) has anybody heard of this drug

2) is it legal

3) is it any good

from wat i personally kno this is a red (in color)marijuana type effectwhich can be smoked or eaten. originally from the middle east (also india).

can anyone help me out
  2. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    May 3, 2005
    Saffron is deep Orange (Redish), and it's from the Middle East and India.

In my distant past, Iheard someone saying that Saffron was like marijuana. I just went: "Yeah." I haven't thought of it much since then. After I read your Post, I went over to Erowid and read a little bit about it. Here are a couple quotes about it (I hope it helps):

Opium and laudanum (a tincture of opium and saffron) are making inroads among would-be Samuel Taylor Coleridges and Elizabeth Barrett Brownings, while at absinthe gatherings artists, writers and just plain partyers are raising illicit tumblers of the potent woodworm - infused liqueur to past devotees like Rimbaud, Wilde and van Gogh. "People are romantically attracted to Victorian-era drugs,"

Banana peel: A sixties con-trick, banana peel and the other con of the period, saffron inspired
    Donovan's hit record, Mellow yellow. Neither substance has any psychoactive
    effects whatsoever