1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Drug info - Zanaflex (Tizanidine)

Discussion in 'Downers and sleeping pills' started by Rave_Pixie, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Rave_Pixie

Rave_Pixie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I recently got prescibed Zanaflex (Tizanidine) for a sleep aid. I haven't done much research on this drug, but does anyone know if it can be used recreationally, or what the results would be? It's very sedating right now: not like your typical sleeping pill, but almost more like a tranquilizer.

Sorry if I sound stupid... I just took my dose

2. a4stringedwonder

a4stringedwonder Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    tizanidine???

SWIM recently received a rather large ammount of a new drug in physician samples called zanaflex... The active ingrediant is tizanidine HCL.

SWIM is wondering if there is any recreational value of this new drug... SWIM also claims that it is in capsules with small ammounts, meaning it would be easy to snort.

Has anyone done this or heard of it being used???

3. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    He said they make you sedated and alluded to their making you feel stupid. Recreational party drug? Sure. Take 'em and go to the Republican Party!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2007
  4. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    From here it just looks like a pile of nasty side effects. Never can be absolutely sure before trying something, of course.

5. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    swims watched lab rats go unconscious from this stuff. be careful.

6. brabbet2001

brabbet2001 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    hey everyone i havent been here in about a year i was in columbia. anyway i found these pills called zanaflex NOT xanax. they are mussle relaxers. i found them in my bros medicen cabenet and i was wonderin if they where ok to take. what do they do and what is the right doseage. i just dont wana kill my self

7. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Re: zanaflex

Zanaflex
    tizanidine (tye ZA ni dine)

What is Zanaflex?
    • Zanaflex is a muscle relaxant. It works by blocking nerve impulses (or pain sensations) that are sent to your brain.
    • Zanaflex is used to treat increased muscle tone associated with spasticity.

Zanaflex is supplied as 2 and 4 mg tablets

SWIM has never heard of zanaflex and he doubts it has much recreational potential. Quit snooping around your brothers medicine cabinet looking for something to get fucked up on. It looks like you found something that might have a small value for recreational use, but by not means, nothing special. Tell us if you find anything that ends with the word "codone." That is when you know you hit the jackpot ;) ohh yea "morphone" is usually a good sign too.

SWIM has injested cyclobenzaprine and it is somewhat intoxicating but not really enjoyable.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2006
  8. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male

SWIM once watched a certain lab rat take 8 mg of zanaflex at a party. Around 45 minutes to an hour after ingestion, the lab rat was feeling a bit more social, and described his state as "somewhat like being drunk." After about 90 minutes, the lab rat became noticably less social, and was acting lethargic. He ended up falling asleep in his car about two hours after ingestion.

SWIM's only experience was with about 2 mg of the stuff. SWIM said that it felt like a 10 mg dose of cyclobenzaprine...a small bit of stumbling, a bit of cognitive impairment, and the overwhelming urge to sleep. SWIM woke up very groggy and confused the next day, and still tired. So yes, a small bit of potential, but not much. Its best saved for when one can't get to bed.

Also please PM the relevant moderator to have them edit your post, and check your PMs brabbet. Thanks!

9. whorse

whorse Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male

SWIM tried 4mg of this just the other day. It made him feel really sleepy and gave him the same weakness that you get when you first wake up in the morning and can't make a tight fist. Thats pretty much all that happened. He went to bed really early that night and woke up the next morning at around noon, lots of sleeping

10. ironmics

ironmics Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    Yea muscle relaxers in general are not very recreational drugs. Most just make you really sleepy. Swim's tried most of them except soma and zanaflex. They basically just make you not want to move

11. lopster2236

lopster2236 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o Male from afghanistan
    SWIM was given this yesterday and after taking 2MG felt really sleepy. Lots of sleep due to this and does help the muscle spasms.

12. explodyness

explodyness Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    I get Tizanidine for muscle spasms and problems sleeping. I take 1mg during the day if I need it and it makes me very relaxed and sleepy. 2mg puts me to sleep. I used to get cyclobenzaprin. But I personally felt it was much stronger and it made me feel hungover the next day. I get these legally btw.

13. lopster2236

lopster2236 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o Male from afghanistan
    Swim gets 2MG and they help him sleep and relax. Also for muscle spasms and all legal.

SWIM thinks he may need a higher dose.

14. pinksox

pinksox Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    Zanaflax(tizanadine) has some very serious side effects even at therapeutic doses. And has resulted in many cases of liver failure to the point patients needed tranaplants to avoid death--some died. Sometimes after a few as a few days of 2mg doses every 6-8 hours. MD's should be checking LFT's while their pts stabilize on this med.

SWIM certainly wouldn't take it at higher than medicinal doses do to this limitation. Adverse side effects are going to increase in dose.

15. Boca Bitch

Boca Bitch Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Tizanidine is an alpha adrenergic agonist, thus it has no recreational value.

Overdosage in attempt for euphoria, will only result in seizures. Please do not attempt this, and DO NOT combine with alcohol.... adverse reactions show.

16. Pan Blaiz

Pan Blaiz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Swim found that Tizanidine is actually the best sleeping pill swim has found. Swim has been able to go off and on it for years with no side effects other than dry mouth. (No rebound insomnia like most sleeping aids)

What swim does is take between 3-4 4mg scored tablets at night before bed on an empty stomach. Now, this is important. For some reason, if swim eats about 15-20 minutes later, say, a light meal, they kick in right away. Be prepared! These are for wanting to go to sleep. Period. There's really nothing fun about Tizanidine except for the quick nod that is somewhat enjoyable right before swiy passes out.
    Take Tizanidine on a full stomach and in swim's expierience it takes like an hour to kick in. Take on empty stomach than eat a yogurt and go straight to bed.
    And if swim misses a night, he says that doesn't even notice. And in fact, sometimes forgets to take it.

This is just swim's opinion and subjective expierence he thought he should share.

Hope this helps someone out there!
    Pan

17. Nace

Nace Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    Swim and his cousin just got home from his cousins friends house. Swim has only met the friend one time and the person's daughter once (so it was a little awkward for swim.) while they were there, the daughter handed Swim 3 of these things, claiming that they were tramadol (swim loves tramadol, and any other opiate really. He doesn't touch heroin though). Swim says that they were 4mg each. Swim was really looking forward to taking tramadol as it is only once in a while that he sees it (he usually sticks to hydrocodone or oxycodone). Swim is disappointed. So swim is wondering if it is really not worth it to take these things?

18. fatkidzonmopedz

fatkidzonmopedz Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    26 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    swim took 16 mg of zanaflex last night and drank a few beers and passed the hell out. swim got wrote all over his face and doesn't remember anything. swim was wondering does zanaflex have xanax and flexoril in it because that's what he's heard and wants to know what he is taking.

19. skapafeel

skapafeel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Swim has yes another urinalysis scheduled for the use of benzos which swim is not supposed to take. This test will determine several vital things for swim, however swim does have a legal prescriiption for xanax...a low dose, about 1 - 1.5mg per day. Swim stopped taking xanax four days before the test and is drinking mad amounts of water and vitamins but is wandering if it is okay to take Zanaflex so swim can sleep. swim has a job and can't be awake all night due to benzo withdrawal (which btw swim knows is dangerous but four days will be okay for swim, she's done it).

What do the people think about taking zanaflex when trying to clean out for benzos? swim is getting NO HELP from the internet, no concrete answers. someone even said COTTAGE CHEESE can cause a false positive for benzos. Last test swim took showed off the charts for benzo use even though swim had cleaned out....but swim was taking mad amounts of kava kava and a bit of valerian the night before test.

Basically with TONS of water and TONS of vitamins will zanaflex trip up Swim's drug test for benzo use? ANy takers?

Thanks!

20. Pseudovoyager

Pseudovoyager Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    SWIY is catching a ride on the bullshit train. :crazy Zanaflex is simply Tizanidine, and comes in 2, 4, and 6 milligram tablets. And please don't mix Tizanidine with Alcohol. It's not very safe or good for you :( Especially in doses of 16 milligrams+.

SWIM is not aware of any cases that Zanaflex has caused a positive for benzos, and if it did, a GC/MS would clear SWIY.