Drug info - Zecalm - 5 (Indian Diazepam)?

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by RaoulDuke, Dec 12, 2006.

1. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Let's just say SWIM came across some Valium the other day and was looking at the packaging and I was a little confused. Brand name ZECALM-5, marketed by Ranbaxy. Has You ever heard of this? They're Diazepam IP 5mg, unmarked white pills . . .

2. DrMuffy

DrMuffy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: Zecalm - 5 ?

SWIdr has never heard of this brand-name for diazepam, and the company. While looking on google though, SWIdr's findings show that Ranbaxy labs are located in India though, so they do not have to follow the same rules and regulations US market drug companies have to follow, so they may not be as effective.

3. GreatWonder

GreatWonder Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o from U.K.
    Re: Zecalm - 5 ?

I agree with SWIdr's comments. These mickey mouse Indian generics are generally substandard on the whole, though I have been lucky on the odd occasion, though with many sources you never seem to get the same name twice. It has taken SWIM some time to gather information on each supply I have received from India, and I have now moved onto Sweden (though shipments may still come from outside the EU) and looks forward to starting the whole process again.