Drug info - Zicam Cough Mist basics

Discussion in 'DXM' started by Kradle, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Kradle

Kradle Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i was checking it out and to my calculations it has around 300 mg in a bottle? anyone around here tried this one yet?

i also saw that the nite version has twice as much dxm so 600 mg for
    the same price..is there any bad effects from taking Zicam Spray?

Edited by: Kradle

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2008
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    yes, Zicam works great for some, the Nite Zicam has 540mg DXM and 10% alcohol, and its about one shot of liquid so I'd say its worth it. I used to take it a lot and had craazy trips.. made me kinda drowsy..and the usual dxm side effects... but it works great.[​IMG]i think overtimeall the dexersare gonna start using zicam more than cough syrup - the word neeeds to be spread![​IMG]

3. Kradle

Kradle Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM asked me to type this up:

4. PhoenixOnPhire

PhoenixOnPhire Newbie

Reputation Points:
    A note that was slipped to me:

5. weed mania

weed mania Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I WAS WONDERING IF ANY ONE THINKS THERE IS A DIFFRENCE OR IF SOMEONE LIKES THE OTHER ONE BETTER I HAVE ONLY HAD ROBO AND NOW I HEAR ABOUT ZICAM SO I WANTED TO SEE

6. dogcow

dogcow Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Speaking only about the taste:

the zicam taste is kinda like nasty milkduds candy, but its palateable.

the Zicam Nite taste however is the actual taste of the jizz of satan himself. I cant believe anyone tries it more than once frankly.

Robo taste, I like it.

-dc

7. unico_walker

unico_walker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Ok let me explain, the varying preparations have variable absorbtion
    rates. Zicam absorbs much faster because of its thin consistency and
    high alcohol content(10% vs 2% in robo) and concentrated form.

Now the reason this matters if that DXM is slowly metabolized into DXO
    in your body, they are both psychedelic but have different effects.

DXM is more responsible for the hallucinations, and DXO for the
    dissasociative and stoning effects. The reason products feel different
    is because of this, with some you get more DXM and some more DXO.

8. bewilderment

bewilderment Drug Geek Extraordinaire Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    After doing robo and robo gels for years, I've recently began using
    zicam (only twice so far). I usually take 2 and a half bottle of
    cough gels, but I've found that taking a bottle of zicam nite and then
    5-10 cough gels gives me a trip like I only experienced during the
    early days of dexing (I've gained quite a tolerance). For
    example, I haven't had COV's in about a year, but the first time I took
    zicam nite I had amazing closed eye visuals. I'm not sure if it's
    just because it's absorbed faster or because it's a different product,
    but I've definately experienced a difference. Also, the first
    time I tripped off of zicam I smoked a lot of pot which increased the
    intensity. The second time I took it with no pot and initially it
    had almost no effect on me and I'd given up on the trip and started
    drinking a little vodka. Then a friend came over with some pot
    and I took three hits and the zicam hit HARD all at once and before I
    knew it I was making a fool of myself and hardly able to stand
    up. I was outside crawling up the steps to my front porch and
    falling in the grass. I don't know what that was about...

9. dogcow

dogcow Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Alot offriends of mineclaim Zicam makes them itchier than Robo or gels

-dc

10. PhoenixOnPhire

PhoenixOnPhire Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Zicam Doseages!!!.. all worked out for you

Within a 50mg difference it's not too dangerous to just say what the hey..., but you should always be well informed about what you are taking, be it DXM or anything else. Obvioulsy someone who makes out the information got wise and did not put the exact details of the doseages on ZicamMax as they did on ZicamMaxNite to try to disuade users from taking the whole bottle.

Here's the breakdown: (approximations based on Zicam facts)

Zicam (300mg DXM)

0.75 oz.
    30 adult doses
    adult dose = 3 Sprays (10.0 mg Dextromethorphan HBr)
    -Dextromethorphan HBr 3.3 mg per spray, so technically it's 9.9mg

So 30 doses x 3 sprays = 90 spays
    .75oz/90 sprays = 1 spray = .00833oz

90 sprays x 3.3mg DXM = 297mg DXM ---or about 300mg

ZicamMaxNite (540mg DXM::::!!WARNING!! ALCOHOL IS AN INGREDIENT)

.75oz
    18 adult doses
    adult dose = 5 Sprays (30.0 mg Dextromethorphan HBr)
    -Dextromethorphan HBr 6 mg per spray

So 18 doses x 5 sprays = 90 spays
    .75oz/90 sprays = 1 spray = .00833oz

90 sprays x 6mg DXM = 540mg DXM

ZicamMax (396mg DXM)

All the information given:
    .55oz, Dextromethorphan HBr in each Spray - 6.0 mg

So this is assuming that the sprays are the same @ 1 spray = .00833oz, then .55oz/.00833oz = 66 sprays

66 sprays x 6mg DXM = 396mg DXM

So in conclusion, don't be a fool - go to school... yay math!

11. RealGanjaMan

RealGanjaMan Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    DXM Content of Zicam Max?

Does anyone know how much DXM HBr is in an entire bottle of Zicam Cough Mist Max?

I know there is 6mg per spray, but he doesn't know how many mL's a spray is, nor how many sprays are (approximately) in an entire bottle.

So anyone have any input for SWIM?
    Please state wether your answer is an estimate or a fact.

Thanks,
    -RGM

12. bewilderment

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I believe it's somewhere between 500-540mg. I used to know exactly, but can't remember how I found out. Does it happen to say on the box how many doses there are in a bottle (some of the zicam products do and some don 't)? It seems like there is usually about 18 and one dose is 5 sprays multiplied by 6mg of dxm which would equal 540mg. But, be advised that it seems as if the dxm present in zicam is more powerful than that in syrup and gels. At least it feels that way to swim. Most likely this is because it is concentrated and not as much of the dextromethorphan gets thrown out with the rest of the gunk that one's body doesn't want. The Nite version has more dxm just to let you know if you didn't before.

13. RealGanjaMan

RealGanjaMan Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I feel he should add...

This stuff tastes like Everclear + Concentrated Urine + Menthol.

The folks over at xxxxxxxxxxxxx told me the most common/accurate estimate for Zicam Max is ~396mg. They also said Zicam Nite, the night-time version, is estimated to contain around ~560mg. I am thinking about calling the Zicam Customer Service desk and asking them.

If this Zicam Nite estimate is correct, I think it would be a very good way of ingestion. SWIM can fit the whole bottle of Zicam Nite in a shotglass, and although it tastes like ass, it is better then chugging a good 6-10oz of Robotussin. Robotussin pills are out of the question, because the gel coating seems to make SWIM throw up before the DXM gets absorbed.

-RGM

DO NOT POST LINKS TO OTHER FORUMS.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2007
  14. bewilderment

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I just so happened to pick up some zicam nite the other day and noticed that it said on the box "18 adult doses". I was really going by the description on an old zicam nite bottle I had lying around when I wrote the above message in this thread. How many sprays per dose does the zicam max bottle suggest? It suggests five sprays on the zicam night which would be 18 doses of 30mg dxm which would equal the 540 I said earlier. I haven't compared the regular zicam max with the nite version simply because I've never bought a bottle to treat my horrible cough, I always go with the nite. But, I have noticed that the main difference is that the max is .55 fl. oz while the nite is .75 fl. oz so either the max has less doses in a bottle or suggests less sprays per dose. I also don't know for sure, but the nite version may have more alcohol which would probably make for a nastier taste (although all of them taste INCREDIBLY foul). So, yeah, word of warning for anyone taking zicam: it's a very effective medicine, but tastes more than horrible so have something around to get the taste out of your mouth immediately or you may gag and vomit up the substance. The good news is that for any swiys out there who misuse the product, it's a very small amount to stomach.

15. Jadegreen

Jadegreen Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Minnesota, U.S.A.
    Re: Zicam Max, How much?

It tastes just fine in medicinal doses :p You're not supposed to drink the whole bottle.

But it is amusing how easy it is to unscrew. SWIM literally couldn't spray it because she was too demented to get the plastic thing covering the spray off, but it was really easy to unscrew to the point of having liquid to drink.

SWIM drank a cool cherry cough mist max bottle about 45 minutes ago and boy is she feeling it.

I think Zicam is pandering to the DXM abusing crowd- (with the spray and the cough melts) similar to the theory that only the abusable pharms are the ones easy to crush ^.^:)

16. nickbuddy111

nickbuddy111 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Actually, a member from the dextroverse forum actually called the Zicam people and they said it has 394.5 mg of dxm. Which is odd, because to SWIM it felt a lot stronger then just under 400 mg.

17. AntiAimer

AntiAimer Newbie

Reputation Points:

This makes sense, when talking about Zicam Cough MAX(.55fl oz/16.3ml). Stated on the box, each spray is a dose. 1 Spray = 1 Dose = 6.0mg = *0.25ml*. So, then you would take 16.3 divided by 0.25 = *65.2*. Meaning there should be 65.2 sprays. Then take 65.2 x 6 = *391.2*. So the amount of DXM should be somewhere near or above. 391.2mg.

Can do the same for the Zicam Cough MAX (.75fl oz/22.2ml).
    22.2 divided by 0.25 = *88.8* > 88.8 x 6 = *532.8* So the bigger one should have somewhere near or above 532.8mg of DXM.
    NOTE: Says cherry, but its more a cherry\vanilla flavor with a minty like after taste(REALLY AWFUL!) and smells like vanilla which without tasteing would make one think it may be quite tastey. Thinkfully it's not much to swallow, but is almost worst then the syrups for taste. Also it may felt as if you'd taken more maybe because the adsorption should be faster and eaiser then sryups on the body.

Eh for the price, not really worth it. Could get 2 things of robo gels for the same price = 600mg of DXM. Zicam came out with a pill form, which has 30mg in each tablet. But like the robo gels, one pack only equals 300mg. But then you would only have to eat 20 of these instead of 40 robogels if going for the 600mg mark. All in all, the prices for all products stated are about the same.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2007
  18. mouthwater

mouthwater Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM stopped using DXM by the time ZiMax came out, but Zinites were 540 mgs and Zimax is approximately 360-400 mgs.

You should read above messages, and remember that any estimates about 400 mgs are inaccurate. You must understand that others might be mistaking ZiNITE for ZiMAX.

You should understand the Zinites absorb fast. For most DXM users, the come-up is too fast and the peak is too soon, at least in comparison with a more comfortable and generous come-up, which is often provided by gels and syrup.

Syrup, as disgusting as it may taste, is the best way to dose DXM, says SWIM, because the come up > peak > come down is the best compared to all others forms of DXM ingestion.

19. drlove88

drlove88 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: DXM Content of Zicam Max?

I have done dual-zicam max spray (cherry flavored) bottles on a few occasions. He notices the zicam smells of cake batter from a slight distance, but up close it smells awful. Swim usually consumes a couple small pretzels to get rid of the taste after drinking the two bottles. The come up is just as sudden, 40-45 minutes. at that point, swim gets nauseas and pukes. all that ever comes up is the pretzels he just ate. so puke actually tastes like pretzels, not too unpleasant actually. swim gets OEVs very easily when in a dark room, but they mostly consist of tribal designs flowing in a liquid motion. very wavey, but mesmorizing. I had a hard time getting CEVs. He finds that he can get OEVs in a room that's not completely dark, if he just stares into one direction and focuses on a certain object. I was laying in his bed while tripping and was amazed by his buddy's plad shirt that was lying on his bed.

The dual-zicam trip leaves swim with a very pleasant afterglow. Say swim doses at around 7pm, he will be feeling the afterglow until about 2 pm the next day. as stated, it is very pleasant.

there are a few downsides..
    -I have a hard time speaking clearly. his buddy told him he kept speaking with a southern accent because he said it was easier to talk that way. strange.
    -I had a hard time remembering things that were happening while he was tripping. He kept asking his buddy if he did this or that. and had to be reminded of the time, because I felt like so much time had gone by.
    -I had an extremely hard time walking. he got up once to go pee and collapsed because he couldn't feel his legs at all. luckily swims buddy just helped him to the bathroom and then back into his bed.
    -I felt like several weeks had passed while he was tripping. this was fun and not-so-fun at the same time. swim enjoyed it because he thought "wow I have been tripping for weeks!" on the other hand he thought "is swim just going to keep tripping forever?"
    -in relation to the trip feeling like it takes several weeks, the days after the trip often seem longer as well because I feel like weeks have already passed. so it throws him off for the rest of the week.

always keep in mind that Swim in particular is rather sensitive to DXM so his trips are more intense than they normally would be for swiy. swim can't stress enough having a buddy with You when they attempt the dual-zicam max cough sprays. even if You feels experienced. it was a whole new world to swim, unlike any other robotrip.

20. hoodabudda

hoodabudda Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    common misconception about Zicam mg's per bottle!!

zicam is commonly thought to contain 540mg of dxm per bottle.WRONG!!zicam has way more than 540mg per bottle!!!!!it says one dose is 5 sprays, but it is actually inbetween 5 and 6 sprays. due to us trade laws it cannot contain less than the listed ammount of dxm.so they round to 5 sprays.a bottle of zicam night has somewhere betwen 600 and 660!!!plus it is 10% alcohol.zicam is an extreeeeemly concentrated form of dxm.around 600mg per .75 oz so be careful!!it could be a stick(icky) situation if You is shooting for a 500mg dxm trip and thinks "oh zicam has 540mg's,so its only a little over" and ends up getting 660mg's plus alcohol and a record time come up due to its liquid formula.robo trippers know that 100mg can make all the difference between 'trippin ballz' and a fate worse than death.

Last edited: May 17, 2007