Zoloft + Lamictal + MDMA

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by TranceAddict, Feb 20, 2007.

1. TranceAddict

TranceAddict Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    My g/f is thinking about rolling for the first time. She is however on the meds zoloft and lamictal. I know neither are MAOI's but has anyone had the mix?

2. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
  3. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Listen to Jatelka. The likely effect would be some stimulation and no magic whatsoever.

4. Akewstick

Akewstick Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Sertraline may have some effects on the brain that diminishes the effects of serotonin based drugs over a period of time, but to say that being in sertraline when you're rolling stops the ecstacy is pure farse. I am speaking from experience, and not just one experience. Sertraline may deserve some bad press, but notnearly as much as it recieves.

5. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
  6. BeetleJuice

BeetleJuice Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    Doesent ssris and MDMA mix lead to serotonin syndrome??? Im not 100% sure about this but if it does make sure to tell your GF to stay the hell away from mdma.. although the serotonin syndrome may be with mixing MAOIs and md.. anyone with more knowlage should be able correct me to help out some more.

7. kalishakti

kalishakti Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    From http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/uspdi/202651.html
    see in particular advice about not mixing the any of the following drugs with (visit link for full contraindication list of drugs, I only included the ones relevant to serotonin syndrome!)sertraline:
    • Buspirone (e.g., BuSpar) or
    • Bromocriptine (e.g., Parlodel) or
    • Dextromethorphan (cough medicine) or
    • Levodopa (e.g., Sinemet) or
    • Lithium (e.g., Eskalith) or
    • Meperidine (e.g., Demerol) or
    • Nefazodone (e.g., Serzone) or
    • Pentazocine (e.g., Talwin) or
    • Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, other (citalopram [e.g., Celexa], fluoxetine [e.g., Prozac], fluvoxamine [e.g., Luvox], paroxetine [e.g., Paxil]) or
    • Street drugs (LSD, MDMA [e.g., ecstasy], marijuana) or
    • Sumatriptan (e.g., Imitrex) or
    • Tramadol (e.g., Ultram) or
    • Trazodone (e.g., Desyrel) or
    • Tryptophan or
    • Venlafaxine (e.g., Effexor)—Using these medicines with sertraline may increase the chance of developing a rare, but very serious, unwanted effect known as the serotonin syndrome. This syndrome may cause confusion, diarrhea, fever, poor coordination, restlessness, shivering, sweating, talking or acting with excitement you cannot control, trembling or shaking, or twitching. If you develop these symptoms, contact your doctor as soon as possible.
    --
    Although, the lumping in of marijuana into this advisory seems counter-intuitive to me. MJ has been proven quite safe with most anything, AFAIK, aside from perhaps making you vomiting sick (combined with immoderate use of alcohol). I know people who he expressly advises against (and would refuse) various substance experimentations, due to some SSRI contraindications listed above, and actually had not known until recently about the advisory re: tramadol, regards a SWI a good friend of my, and will surely warn about this the next chance I am in communication. I am a little surprised that the medline article referenced does not point out that Serotonin Syndrome can lead to rapid fatality!

Peace & Divinity
    Baudeaux Machs

8. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    yes seratonin agonists and SSRIs = seratonin storm in a relatively small number of people. MDMA acts primarily on the seratonin receptors, so, indeed, use of SSRI drugs WILL stop such drugs dead in their tracks. anyone whos taken mesembrine for a "bad" LSD trip should know this. if a simple SSRI can shortwire the strongest hallucinogen, Ive no doubt it can completely disrupt a simple empathogen like MDMA.

9. Toltec

Toltec Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I'm here because; a friend of mine takes Lamictal for Bi polar (for the last 18 mo). I have known this person for 20 years +. We have tripped many times, in our past together absent the Lamictal, we know what psychedelics /LSD is like. (This person has never, had a bad trip ether)

Well one day many moons ago we both took, very large does of LSD, enough to make me question my: Reality ego loss thingy go'n on in my head ;-)

My friend "DID NOT FEEL ANYTHING!!!" in fact he/she went to bed an hour after taking LSD sleeping sound the entire night leaving me in the other world,,,, so to speak.

The next day while attempting to grasp reality again; I ask, did you really take that LSD or not? I have never seen anyone in my tripping experiences not feel a strong dose of clean LSD. I am bewildered!!!

So take it for what it is, I tell now lie here for research sake.

A Question;
    This person feels robed, and wonders how long he/she should stop taking Lamictal so they can give LSD another go. Then again does anyone really know? I feel 2 weeks should be fine.

Any answers would really be welcomed
    cheers

10. mshea08

mshea08 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from U.S.A.
    Hey everyone. I was curious about whether mixing Lamictal (lamotrigin) with MDMA causes Serotonin Syndrome or any other adverse reaction. There is hardly any straight information about this online.

Luckily, my shower curtain has been taking 100mg of lamictal once a day for approximately 4 straight months Last night, without discontinuing use of lamictal, my shower curtain took one pill of ecstasy (the exact contents of the pill were, as always, not entirely known) and rolled lightly.

**My shower curtain did not experience anything abnormal on MDMA while also taking Lamcital, and lived to tell me about it, so that I could tell you about it.**

My shower curtain does not known if the weakness of the roll was due to the lamictal or was simply due to the pill having a low dose of MDMA or due to my shower curtains own brain chemistry.

Conclusion: (1) If you mix lamictal with MDMA you will still be able to roll. (2) At the dosage of MDMA (which unfortunately is unknown) that my shower curtain consumed no obvious adverse reactions were observed.

Be safe. Good luck.

11. vantranist

vantranist Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from antigua_and_barbuda
    SWIV Was on a few different SSRI'S, they completely blocked any euphoria from just about all stimulants besides coke, honestly they have never been the same... could be due to tolerance impossible to say.

The first time swiv tried speed while on his first anti-deppresant he couldn't understand wtf was going on... figured he just couldn't get good shit anymore, soon swiv realized MDMA was also not producing a high, but he knew they were quality rolls... eventually he read about ssri's on here and can say they arn't over estimating how much SSRI'S take away from stimulants.

Also if I remember correctly, mixing drugs that mainly effect Serotonin with SSRI's can cause Serotonin toxicity and kill you (Serotonin Syndrome)

Once swiv drank about 700 Mg worth of Robbotussin while on a SSRI, damn near ended up dead. He's only done DXM 3 times so he can't be sure it was due to the SSRI but hes pretty sure. The first two times was like rolling and smoking a sherm.... pretty nice, the bad time was like bursts of Euphoria then burst's of depression n and tripping balls 10 minutes later then it would just start over, this lasted like 4 hours... Also he couldn't stop puking, and it didn't help i was in some hotel room in Atlanta.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  12. surferchick

surferchick Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Does anyone have any info as to how long a prescription like Cymbalta stays in ones system? A friend's friend just got tickets to deadmau5 and was also put in Cymbalta and really wants to roll while there.

This person tried a small dose of LSD on 30mg and can feel some effects(just dubbed down.. like she took half of what she actually took), however she is now on 60mg.

She was wondering if she could decrease down to 30mg a week before the show, would this enable her to roll? What if she were to decrease to 0mg? Would it be out of her system?

TYIA.

13. Docta

Docta Idiot Savant Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia

Attached Files:

14. vantranist

vantranist Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from antigua_and_barbuda
    Took SWIV around a month and a half before stimulants started giving the right high.

1. 3/5,
      Please do not use SWIM or anything like it, SWIV is just another form of a banned word.
      Jul 25, 2014
  15. Trashed

Trashed Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well then, good thing I found this thread, I was just about to make a thread about my prescriptions and whether or not mixing them with MDMA would be catastrophic. Anyone mind helping me with mine?

Mine are Lamictal, Depakote, Strattera, which might be swapped with Wellbutrin I don't know, this is a theoretical rolling experience that won't happen for quite some time, I'm just curious now :p