Combinations - Zolpidem (Zolpidem) and DXM combo

Discussion in 'Downers and sleeping pills' started by DrMuffy, Oct 8, 2006.

1. DrMuffy

DrMuffy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIdr was wandering if anyone has tried the combination of Zopidem (Ambien) and DXM. SWIdr was reading in a household pill guide about Zopidem's drug interactions, and it said Combining DXM and Zopidem may cause hallucenations. Of course DXM and Zopidem have been know to cause hallucenations by themselves, so wouldn't combining a small dose of DXM and Zopidem increase the Hallucenations, while adding on to eachother's Dissociative-like effects. SWIdr just decided to post this to see if this Combination is good, bad, or both. I am posting this before-hand to give ya'll a chance to vioce your experiences. Tomorrow I will post my trip report, and discuss the Combo's difference in efects, from average zopidem or DXM experiences, which SWIdr has had a fair share of too.

2. Paracelsus

Paracelsus Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    DXM never caused real hallucinations in SWIM. tell swidr to be careful. its best to do some more research than to end up in hospital or even dead.

looking forward on swidr's trip report

EDIT: "hallucinations" arent always pleasant like with acid or shrooms. Datura causes hallucinations too. A delirium tremens is loaded with hallucinations, but i dont think anyone would want to have one....

3. DrMuffy

DrMuffy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: Zolpidem and DXM combo

Sorry SWIdr forgot he posted this, because he was stoned and drunk. But this sounds like a good experimental combo now that SWIdr thinks about it. The only problem is that SWIdr cannot do it because when he thoroughly serched for info on DXM he found that it can cause Seritonin Syndrome, and SWIdr takes 20 mg prozac daily, so he doesn't want to risk it. So if anyone out there wants to try this out, be my guest. SWIdr is not condoning this, just putting this idea out there for you guys.