1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Combinations - Zopiclone + Alcohol

Discussion in 'Downers and sleeping pills' started by Mr Sebastior, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Mr Sebastior

Mr Sebastior Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    So swim is going to a party and he wants to drink like 2-3 heinkens, 33cl, 5-5.3% alcohol
    how many zopiclone is safe to take? they're 7.5mg

and how many zopiclone would be needed to die while you've fallen asleep/past out?
    i'm not looking for a suicide method, it's to make me feel safe, it's comforting and interesting to know

Mr Sebastior added 1 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

as for the death question i was talking about after you've drank those heineken

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  2. Aberdonian

Aberdonian

Reputation Points:
    zopiclone plus alohol is a bad idea, you get drunk real quik and every time iv done both i become aggresive and fight save em for the hangover they are best cure iv ever tried !

3. Smeg

Smeg Opiates & Opioids Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    Both are central nervous system depressants. The combination can actually be life threatening.

Respiratory depression can be a consequence. Now that's a risky one.

My advice would be not to do it.

There's also a chance of pissing the bed.

Just go home after the party, and leave the zopiclone for a night free of other downers.

4. Rightnow289

Rightnow289 Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    If you are not used to taking downers while drinking I would not recommend you do it.

There is no straight answer here. What may kill one person could be fine for another. The bottom line is downers together don't mix very well

5. Emin

Emin Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I would advise against it. Even the people I consider seasoned in this end up doing really stupid things. My friend broke a lamp and got glass stuck in his foot and didn't remember who broke his lamp the next morning. Bad stuff.

6. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    My partner took some of that right before bed and realized her phone was in her car. Thirty minutes later she come back with wild stories about how boogie man were breaking into car and she chased them off and other such nonsense. 5 minutes to Crazy Town. Satan forbid she had actually run into a real person.

Also do you really want to be drinking heinikin? Especially in public? There's a world of good beer, that is not one of them. You should really try to find something with some flavor. I'm pretty pumped about some oak barrel aged beers I got yesterday, one was done in a new barrel, one a rum barrel, and the last in a whiskey barrel. Once you've had real beer, you'll look back in shame that you ever put such swill into you.

7. Mindless

Mindless Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    As many others have pointed out, zopiclone is not a great drug to mix with alcohol. There is an increased risk when more than one central nervous system depressant is used. There is also the risk of vomiting while asleep, and an increased potential for accidental injury while conscious.

So the best answer to your question is that it is not safe to take Zopiclone at all when drinking or after drinking alcohol. As to how much Zopiclone would constitute a lethal dose after drinking, who can say? This would vary from person to person and in dependence upon other factors.

8. Thirdedge

Thirdedge Donating

Reputation Points:
    While not generally safe to mix downers, swim finds a joint, a Zopiclone (7.5mg) and 2-3 beers a great way to relax and have a nice evening at home.

The Zopiclone makes swim sleepy so he tends to go to bed rather than staying up and drinking too many beers and hence getting a hangover.

In fact, swim often drops a Zopiclone with his first drink after work so as to knock him out before he drinks too much.

Note swim is talking one Zopiclone max (try a half first) and just 1-3 beers. Taking more of either could be very dangerous or even fatal.

The other thing swim found went extremely well with Zopiclone was Kratom, this kicked up the Kratom buzz making it feel like a heavy duty opiate. Much like the alcohol combo, not something to mess around with unless one has much experience with each substance and even then, take less than half normal dose of each if combining. Remember 1+1=3.

9. snarkymalarky

snarkymalarky

Reputation Points:
    If you need to ask this question, then you must not have enough experience with these drugs to know your own limits. Many people can take the combo you mentioned and be fine, but some people can't. Nobody here knows which of this two groups you fall into, so the only truly safe recommendation is to not do it.

Of course, if we wanted to be truly safe then we wouldn't take drugs at all. If you understand that there's some degree of risk and you're comfortable with that, then the following advice might help reduce, but not eliminate, the risk of this combination:

- Drink really slowly so the alcohol doesn't sneak up on you.
    - Have a plan for making sure that you don't drink more than 2-3 beers max. Getting fucked up and drinking more is probably the most likely way that you could get yourself into trouble.
    - Don't take any other downers.
    - Put your car keys somewhere where you won't have access to them.

While respiratory depression is something that happens when you take too many downers, I don't think 7.5 mg zopiclone and 3 beers is enough to cause fatal respiratory depression in the vast majority of the population. But you shouldn't bet your life on what someone with an avatar of a rabbit eating fruit out of a man's ass tells you on the internet...

10. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Really bad idea to mix these drugs in public.
    At least at home when you end up doing stupid stuff you dont have people uploading videos of you to youtube.

Have you ever drank so much that you dont remember what you did the night before?
    Well imagin that happening without getting drunk.
    I take zopiclone to sleep and it works great, but if i take it and then i dont fall asleep or go to bed straight away and if i have had a drink or two then i have woken up the next day to find i had posted on the internet for a couple of hours, done all my washing, cleaned the apartment and talked to my parents on the phone...with no recolection of any of it.

Now thats a good night, there are other nights i have been told) i got up to some pretty stupid stuff when i mixed the two and drifted into the blackout zone. A few too many times i had to deal with an irate girlfriend the next morning and was told i was being a 'complete fucking gobshte' the night before.

A couple of time i actually came to while i was doing something daft and its a pretty frightning experience. Once i found myself sitting on the bathroom floor, with a toilet full of bottles of shampoo and make up, trying to flush it all away. What i was doing actually made sense to me for a minute or two untill my brain actually clicked back into line.
    This was after coming home from the pub after 4 pints, taking a 7.5 pill, going to bed and presumably falling asleep. Perhaps i woke up and had to go to the toilet, maybe i just dozed a little and never really fell asleep.

Anyway, i would not recomend the combination.
    If you want some sort of social lubricant then have a drink or two before you go out, dont go mixing drugs.

11. Mr Sebastior

Reputation Points:
    @snarkymalarky
    i'm fairly experienced with zopiclone, not with alcohol however, i never drink, only 1 beer rarely, but then i ain't been taking any pills or anything so
    i've never been drunk either
    my dad's an alcoholic so i alcohol isn't really something that appeals to me

12. snarkymalarky

snarkymalarky

Reputation Points:
    You could try combining the two at home sometime and see how it is. There's no good reason for your first time to be at a party.

13. iMutebks

iMutebks Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Bad idea i took 30mg prescribed(i overdid it a lil lol) and drank about 2 good sized drinks of vodka. Next thing i know im passed out on my bedroom floor at 3pm the next day with a killer headache drymouth and my whole body kinda hurt,

14. tdv123

tdv123

Reputation Points:
    This is a really bad idea. Swim took 30mg & drank half a liter of whiskey. Nearly choked to death on my on vomit.

15. snarkymalarky

snarkymalarky

Reputation Points:
    I've combined 10mg plus 2 or 3 beers several times at home watching tv late at night with no problems. YMMV but it's not the end of the world for everyone...

16. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    most of the time people mix downers and alcohol, they don't realize how fucked up they are. You FEEL perfectly fine and it doens't cross your mind that asking the same question every 2 minutes for half an hour is out of the ordinary. Your vision seems fine until your car hits the pole. It never crosses your mind that you put down a lit ciggerette ten minutes ago in a potted plant and that is why you smell plastic burning. Even the next morning it will take a bit to figure out exactly what happened to your car and carpet.

mixing drugs is not a way to avoid addiction, if anything it drastically shortens the path.

Why not look at more reliable intoxicants, Kava-kava, not everyone's cup of tasty tea, but enjoyable and safe.

17. Mr Sebastior

Reputation Points:
    @potter
    where can i order kava kava?

18. missparkles

missparkles Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    ^^^sorry love, but source discussion is not allowed here at DF. All I can suggest is to google the substance you want to find, and see where it takes you. Maybe just go back and re read the rules again, just to familiarise yourself with them ok?

Sparkles.:vibes:

19. shauni

shauni

Reputation Points:

Could not agree more. But the same thing can happen if you donĀ“t drink and only take immos.

20. Aberdonian

Aberdonian

Reputation Points:
    look its just a bad idea, i dont know ow i never got locked up i took maybe 75mg and went out on the piss i can vaguely remember fighting with a few random people, being in a right embarrasing state and ruining my night as i forgot most of it apart from punching people for looking the wrong way at my friends, girlfriend anyone really any excuc=se for a fight zimmos plus lots of drink = fight or death