Introduction to MMDA[/FLOAT_LEFT]As an analog of lophophine, MDA, and MDMA, MMDA acts as a non-neurotoxic serotonin releasing agent resulting in a rue of empathogenic and mood elevating effects. As well as being a releasing agent of serotonin, MMDA also acts as a 5-HT2A serotonin receptor agonist, which is the mechanism of action primarily in charge of the compounds psychedelic effects. MMDA has been shown to have no effect on either dopamine or norepinephrine neurotransmitters.
Ways of AdministrationMMDA is commonly administered through oral consumption in doses reported between 100-250 milligrams. Effect usually begin within 30-60 minutes after administration. MMDA can also be administered through other routes such as insufflation, rectal, and intravenous injection, however the effects tend to be the smoothest and most predictable through oral consumption as the compound work primarily by releasing serotonin from the serotonin receptors which are found in plentiful amount throughout the gastrointestinal tract.
Effects of MMDA
- Feelings of Empathy
- Muscle relaxation
- Open and closed eye visuals
- Time distortion
- Sensations of heat or cold
Chemistry of MMDA
Column 1 Column 2 Systematic(IUPAC) name: 1-(7-Methoxy-1,3-benzodioxol-5-yl)-2-propanamine Synonyms: MMDA Molecular Formula: C11H15NO3 Molar mass: 209.24 g/mol  CAS Registry Number: 13674-05-0 Melting Point: Boiling Point: Flash Point: Solubility: Additionnal data: Notes:
The Dangers of MMDA
There are several dangers associated with MMDA which should be brought to ones attention prior to the administration of the compound.
- MMDA is considered to be a research chemical, thus the effects/side effects of the compound have yet to be formally established through clinical trials.
- MMDA is a strong psychoactive substance, thus users whom have a known mental illness should avoid the compound as it may potentiate such side effects.
- MMDA is considered to be a psychedelic substance, thus the likelihood for a psychedelic crisis (bad trip) to develop in users whom are unfamiliar with the class of compounds is a very real possibility.
Legal Status of MMDA
MMDA is considered to be a schedule I substance in the United States. Internationally, MMDA is a schedule I controlled substance under the "Convention on Psychotropic Substances"
 Calculated from Atomic Weights of the Elements, 2007